• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
hopefully Gambhir can **** off quick from cricket wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac wac .
:-O:dry:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
You can do better than that, surely. Was a fair enough post.

Gambhir is a **** ****, just FTR
No I just don't agree with it. His head was down, the fielder was moving into position. There was nothing wrong with him pulling away on that.

The rolleyes was for Burgey's predictable reaction.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I get that, but they didn't execute that plan well at all. Bowled too wide consistently at him whenever it was short for it to work.
Oh I get that, but I don't think they were hopeless.

Still, you often see these short sessions produce bowling that's almost too eager - bowlers strive too hard knowing they haven't got long to bowl.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Dean Jones has eaten a few pies since his Benson & Hedges heydey.

Got the willow.tv star sports link, so missing the antics of NIEN, tbh.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Way more so than most others batsmen. Compare him to the likes of Cook & Trott for example
It's just a more obvious kind of luck. Sehwag relies on not picking out a fielder when he plays a cut shot in the air. Cook and Trott give the bowler twice as many chances to bowl a ball good enough to breach their defences, and they rely on being lucky enough that he doesn't do it. Much more subtle. An edge through the slips makes people say "ooo, lucky!", a bowler not quite hitting the right spot when you let him bowl wherever he wants doesn't invoke the same response.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Whats there to bitch when your fielders can't stay put.
They don't have to stay put...they can walk in with the bowler. I'm assuming Marsh realised he was out of position and moved though. If I was in Hilf's position I would've bowled it at him.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
No I just don't agree with it. His head was down, the fielder was moving into position. There was nothing wrong with him pulling away on that.

The rolleyes was for Burgey's predictable reaction.
It was just a bit of Gambhiring from Burgey mate. No big deal. Seems to be the going fad right now for all of us.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Poor Turb.
Look I'm no big fan of Gambhir. But just because of you, I want him to ton up here (unlikely, but would love for it to happen) :p

EDIT: Actually that's a lie, I've been a fan of him ever since he won us the WC and that knock in South Africa.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Look I'm no big fan of Gambhir. But just because of you, I want him to ton up here (unlikely, but would love for it to happen) :p
Burgey totally wins.

You, the greatest Indian cheerleader in CricketWeb history, wants one of your opening batsmen to ton up in a fourth innings chase of 300 odd in a Test against Australia primarily to annoy Burgey. Just think about that for a minute, and how much it means he's got to you.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Burgey totally wins.

You, the greatest Indian cheerleader in CricketWeb history, wants one of your opening batsmen to ton up in a fourth innings chase of 300 odd in a Test against Australia primarily to annoy Burgey. Just think about that for a minute, and how much it means he's got to you.
:laugh: