• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

Ausfanintoronto

Cricket Spectator
Not for those of us in Australia.
I always thought Aus was the country with the best Cricketing Culture overall....quite frankly sporting events all over the world (Been to numerous ones in North America) do take a little longer to let people in because of the security issues.....its a price im willing to pay.

TumTum

Banned
I don't see why there is so little confidence on speed guns. Yadav was clocking in the high 140s in India too...

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah it's annoying how long they take to sell one bloody.... I had wait on the line for more than 40 minutes and the line wasn't even that bloody big. Just the people working at the ticket counter are slow at everything they do.

Taking the e-tickets this time around.... Should be a great match today :)
Yeah its ridiculous.
Good thing you don't live in India :laugh:
But if I was in India I would know how long it would take to get in and get there earlier. On day 2 I figured it took long because it was a public holiday as well but to see it happen on day 3 was a total shock. I have been going to the Boxing Day test for over a decade and never seen anything like this. The MCG was never like this until recently (perhaps even this year).

It was proper general admission after day 1 of any test not involving England. Absolutely no reason to have allocated seating in a 100,000 seat stadium when it's only half-full. No reason at all.

General admission where you can sit anywhere has worked for decades. Ridiculous to change it now.

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
How satisfying...
Indeed.

I don't really buy that they did this Test match either.
None of the readings were anomalies. Positing that the speed gun was reading high for a whole game doesn't have much of a basis in science, does it?

Not bad. It's also not from Indian speed guns which I suspect add a bit of pace (based on the fact that Munaf cracked 145 during the World Cup)
Perfectly plausible that Munaf can slip himself for the odd delivery.

Should be noted that India's best seamer is still the bloke who tops out at 135kmh tho. His opening spell was a craftsman at his best. Was unrewarded wicket wise, but there's little doubt in my mind his tight lines and nagging accuracy (think his first 4 overs went for something like 6 runs) helped create the pressure that lead to the rash shots from Warner and Marsh in particular
Definitely earns the odd wicket for his partners but not all of them. Reckon Warner would have played that shot anyway. Marsh though, yeah, the shot seemed pressure induced.

iamdavid

International Debutant
I believe the speedo. Siddle has hit 150 before on occasion, the Boxing Day test v South Africa at this ground in 2008 is the example which stands out in my mind, was regularly touching 150. Sharma clocked 154kph on his last tour of Australia too so his readings in this match aren't that unbelievable.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Indeed.

None of the readings were anomalies. Positing that the speed gun was reading high for a whole game doesn't have much of a basis in science, does it?
Actually it's much more likely that the speed gun is consistently high due to miscalibration or another problem than an intermittent problem that only affects Indian bowlers.

Redbacks

International Captain
If Australia bowl anything like they bowled today morning then they are gonna take this one.
Well we haven't bowled as well as we did in that session too often with Siddle and Hilf in the team so it will be a plus just to see them perform to a similar standard.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
**** me, if you guys are satisfied with Ishant and Yadav because they were clocked at 150 then you have some abysmally low standards when it comes to seam bowling.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
**** me, if you guys are satisfied with Ishant and Yadav because they were clocked at 150 then you have some abysmally low standards when it comes to seam bowling.
No one's saying that. And I'm sure Ankit's post was partly in jest, mocking the fact that we've finally gotten to see two Indian bowlers clocking 150+ in the same match.