• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2011/12

ganeshran

International Debutant
The wierd thing about the Indian batting line up is that at different times during the year Dravid, Laxman and Sachin have done decently well but never seem to have clicked as a group.

Considering that on this pitch anything bowled on the stumps seems a wicket taking delivery, I would not be happy chasing more than 250. Still cannot get over how easy that Hussey chance was.
Me neither :cry:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not bad. It's also not from Indian speed guns which I suspect add a bit of pace (based on the fact that Munaf cracked 145 during the World Cup)

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Should be noted that India's best seamer is still the bloke who tops out at 135kmh tho. His opening spell was a craftsman at his best. Was unrewarded wicket wise, but there's little doubt in my mind his tight lines and nagging accuracy (think his first 4 overs went for something like 6 runs) helped create the pressure that lead to the rash shots from Warner and Marsh in particular.

Anyway, despite all the protestations from the cheap seats on both sides of the auditorium, the game is so enticingly poised that the teams are very hard to split. I'd favour India very slightly inasmuch as I'd fancy them chasing anything under 250, but Hussey batting with the tail used to be his absolute metier. If the lead creeps much past 275 you'd have to think the scoreboard pressure will favour the home side.

ftr oddschecker agrees with me:

India: 10/11 (1.91)
Australia: Evens (2)
Draw: 85/1 (86)

Last edited:

Ausfanintoronto

Cricket Spectator
Should be noted that India's best seamer is still the bloke who tops out at 135kmh tho. His opening spell was a craftsman at his best. Was unrewarded wicket wise, but there's little doubt in my mind his tight lines and nagging accuracy (think his first 4 overs went for something like 6 runs) helped create the pressure that lead to the rash shots from Warner and Marsh in particular.

Anyway, despite all the protestations from the cheap seats on both sides of the auditorium, the game is so enticingly poised that the teams are very hard to split. I'd favour India very slightly inasmuch as I'd fancy them chasing anything under 250, but Hussey batting with the tail used to be his absolute metier. If the lead creeps much past 275 you'd have to think the scoreboard pressure will favour the home side.

ftr oddschecker agrees with me:

India: 10/11 (1.91)
Australia: Evens (2)
Draw: 85/1 (86)
They certainly did..you could sense it especially with Warner

Daemon

This sucks. I'm in Oman atm and I have to wake up at 4am to watch 1 hours worth of cricket on a ****ty stream before I leave for a flight to Dubai. Hopefully I have cable with cricket there or a half decent internet connection.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Going to the game again today.

Have had to reserve tickets online like I did on day 1 because the MCG are ****ing ********. On day 2 and day 3 when I went they still had reserve tickets which was an absolute joke. It took forever to get into the ground and I missed the first 30 minutes of play on both occasions despite arriving at the ground at 10am (30 minutes before play).

People's Ground my arse.

I went to Lord's Day 5 this year which was a sell out and had people lining up on the streets around the ground. Yet they had no dramas getting people in on time.

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
According to cricinfo stats "In the last 49 years, no team has chased down a 200-plus target to win a Test at this ground". That sums it up for me. Australia all the way.

R_D

International Debutant

Have had to reserve tickets online like I did on day 1 because the MCG are ****ing ********. On day 2 and day 3 when I went they still had reserve tickets which was an absolute joke. It took forever to get into the ground and I missed the first 30 minutes of play on both occasions despite arriving at the ground at 10am (30 minutes before play).

People's Ground my arse.

I went to Lord's Day 5 this year which was a sell out and had people lining up on the streets around the ground. Yet they had no dramas getting people in on time.
Yeah it's annoying how long they take to sell one bloody.... I had wait on the line for more than 40 minutes and the line wasn't even that bloody big. Just the people working at the ticket counter are slow at everything they do.

Taking the e-tickets this time around.... Should be a great match today :)

Burgey

People's Ground my arse.

So get there earlier, you whinging ****.

Ausfanintoronto

Cricket Spectator
According to cricinfo stats "In the last 49 years, no team has chased down a 200-plus target to win a Test at this ground". That sums it up for me. Australia all the way.
I hope you are right but I had never seen Australia lose a home Ashes series to England during my existence either...and it happened. Been seeing way too many changing trends in cricket to bank on history.

Ausfanintoronto

Cricket Spectator

People's Ground my arse.

Good thing you don't live in India :laugh:

R_D

International Debutant
Than again this not your typical MCG pitch though... They usually tended to be slow and bounce got lower as the innings went... This ones holding up quite well and score of 250 can be chased but can also be defended.
I think Gautam Gambhir will play well in his innings all set up for him... That's if he puts away his stupid dab shot third man away.