• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

And the Moral of the Story is ................?

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Great read. Would make a decent script for a movie too.

I remember Lewis being a great athlete and a cricketer capable of far more than what he eventually achieved. There was something very lithe and serpentine in his run up to the crease when he was bowling well. Too few of those occasions unfortunately.

keeper

U19 Vice-Captain
Great read. Would make a decent script for a movie too.

I remember Lewis being a great athlete and a cricketer capable of far more than what he eventually achieved. There was something very lithe and serpentine in his run up to the crease when he was bowling well. Too few of those occasions unfortunately.
Think Lewis himself said that because he looked lithe and effortless that people expected him to be better than he was. I tend to think his problem was one of mental fortitude but it's a good point about the coaching regime at the time (or lack of it). Wonder how Ramprakash, Hick and Lewis may have got on under Flower or Fletcher?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Very good read, as ever. Still sort of feels the Clairmonte Christopher Lewis story is somewhere near the end of act two tho; whether act three is redemption or further downward spiral depends upon the principal player I suppose.