• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Uh Oh ! Bad Start For India !! Will we lose ??

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Damn 102 or 110 what ever damn thats a bad as start !

crud ! i so want india to win the 3rd test ! oh come on miracle for batting and bowling

Go the kiwis im sure we can still waste pakistan somehow !

James

Cricket Web Owner
Waste Pakistan! I don't think so some how :cry:

We just can't handle the heat!

Surely the West Indies can win from here but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't. Remember the Hamilton test against New Zealand a couple of years back?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistan are in the kind of form like they were about 6 or 7 years ago when Wasim & Waqar terrorised every country, except now you can add Shoaib to that list. I wish I could see what is going on as apparently every single wicket Shoaib has taken he has up-rooted one of the stumps and apparently smashed the leg stump of Chris Harris.

If Pakistan take this side and with the same kind of form to Australia, its going to be a great series. However Pakistan are just as likely to crumble against Australia, but if they can keep this kind of form up I think Australia will really struggle.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
However Pakistan are just as likely to crumble against Australia, but if they can keep this kind of form up I think Australia will really struggle.
I think Pakistan's performance in this Test is inflated somewhat by the lack of guys like Cairns, Nash, Parore.

I mean Martin, Tuffey and Walker??!?? They can bowl a bit but they're hardly world-class, regardless of how much Brooke wants to be like Warnie................[:D] Someone should mention that to be a good spin bowler, the ability to SPIN the ball is an immeasurable asset. :D

Vettori is the only world-class bowler in the line-up. Given that the betting is at full-strength, I reckon they just had a bad day. And spending that long in the field can't help your stamina much.

So yeah, Pakistan may be playing reasonably well but I think the Aussies should still win comfortably. If there's one thing which usually brings the Pakistanis undone, it's bowlers who can move the ball off the seam and we have two of the best in Dizzy Gillespie and Glenn Mcgrath. Brett Lee ain't a bad bowler either...........:D

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Yea true we have lost our quality players

its sad dion and parore quit , not much can lie in the hands of the top players either

Im sure more retirements are going to come hopefully after the worldcup

we need a strong lineup before the worldcup

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
Pakistan are good, but not 600+ good.

New Zealand are just without many quality players. As well as they have had a tour in Australia and a tough series against Bangladesh:D

Australia will still wipe the floor with Pakistan, remember Hobart? Gilly and Langer winning an impossible win?

When another team does that then they are great, and not until then.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
phew,

NZ is making a better fist of it in the 2nd innings. Vincent & Richardson playing some good attacking shots.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why hasn't Shoaib Akhtar bowled in the second innings yet? I'm keeping track of the play on Cricinfo and he hasn't bowled yet.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Dion Nash was fully fit again, but he was concerned that if he did his back in..he wouldn't be able to do some thing once he finished cricket, so he probably made the right decision although I thought that his batting was actually becoming quite good.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
apparently Shoaib is injured which is good news for NZ as they can now get some confidence in the batting department & hope like hell that he won't play in the 2nd test so they have a good chance of getting a win.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
damn, Richardson just played a stupid shot, he really needed to stay out there while he could get some time at the crease without the pressure of Shoaib.

Windies 16 runs ahead with 8 wkts remaining? What happened? Just checked the full scorecard...Souravs doing well with that overrated tag we gave him, ey? 48 while the next best for India was 13 by Harbajan. 0/1 from 5.4 overs ain't bad either. Still one good performance while others crumble doesn't make him a champion, does it?

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
New Zealand lost by around 328 / 338 well like the 5th worst loss in history

India still struggling hard and W.I at 267/4 leading by 165 darn it

Kimbo

International Debutant
Given that the betting is at full-strength, I reckon they just had a bad day
ASTLE is missing... new zealand's best batsman... hardly full strength, but the black caps definitely miss cairns and co. not just for the bowling- have you noticed how long the nz tail is these days. depth of batting used to be a strength for nz.

i can't believe that adams is on his way back home, he will be gutted not to go to the west indies.
something definitely has to be done about the amount of series the black caps play

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
yea true the total team isint there ? but then again we have to give the youngsters a chance , B.Walker shows a lot of more to come , we put our faith in Bond and he gave the goods

as for india ... god take care of them , i must say they should have added Tinu Yohannan he has experience on fast pitches

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
i predict india will either win the next test and lose the one after or lose the next test and win the one after

we always end up doing a test series draw!