• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gulu Ezekiel's Introduction to Cricket Web

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Stats and Trivia

Before the Sydney Test Gulu prepared this summary - He was hoping to use it again some time but, thanks to Michael Clarke, it will need amending as soon as the match ends.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I don't always agree with Frith, but he's never less than good value. In particularly trenchant form in Gulu's interview, "The trouble is that some of the people charged with running the game are either unimaginative, too obsessed with making money or just plain stupid in their inability to see the obvious."

I'll hold my hands up and say I was initially anti a review system that the players instigated, but have been persuaded otherwise by the way it's panned out when implemented. I appreciate Frith's reservations about frivalous referrals, but the two per innings does keep these down to reasonable level.

fredfertang

Ten Tragedies

In light of Peter Roebuck's recent suicide, and Martin's current feature about David Bairstow, I have compiled a list of 10 fine cricketers who have taken their own lives.

fredfertang

Hobart on Tuesday

Virat Kohli's remarkable innings against Sri Lanka on 28 February reminded me of another occasion, more than a quarter of a century ago, when India had an enjoyable trip to Tasmania.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Love the memory of Chetan Sharma. He was decidedly average but he played to the best of his ability every game (at least he put in 100% effort).
'
'