• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Michael Bevan

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
We know that Michael Bevan is a legend in ODI's (his record speaks for himself), but can Michael Bevan ever return to the Australian Test Team?

I think he can, but he needs to start to reguarly bowl.

What do you all think?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
As much as i would love him to the answer is a big fat NO...

The Kat has proven he can do it and if Lehmann or him aint there the next in line will most definatley be Michael Clarke....

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Nope sorry mate couple of things working against him:

1/ He had his chances and failed to take them

2/ He's getting on a bit age wise

3/ He's not good enough anyway. Who would he replace?

iamdavid

International Debutant
Nope , he had his chance & didnt take it , he is to old (the average age is already 30 & a bit , with him it will be even older , there is also a definate pecking order as far as whos next in line for a test call up is concerned.

If they need someone who can bowl its Katich if not its Love , next is Micheal Clarke then Jimmy Maher & after that its anyones guess.

Lehmann got a second chance. In my opinion he didn't deserve it any more than Bevan.

Oh and David, I am from the ACT

iamdavid

International Debutant
furious_ged said:
Oh and David, I am from the ACT
Ok , hey did you used to post on the Cricinfo blues views forum , coz there was a guy on their called Ged aswell , do you play grade for anyone?

I'm 16, so I play juniors. Only took it up again this year, came out of retirement since I moved from Perth lol :P

Yeah I posted on there, kind of obvious with the Michael Clarke connections anyway right? I haven't been able to get there since the NSW site changed. Can you still go there?

iamdavid

International Debutant
furious_ged said:
I'm 16, so I play juniors. Only took it up again this year, came out of retirement since I moved from Perth lol :P

Yeah I posted on there, kind of obvious with the Michael Clarke connections anyway right? I haven't been able to get there since the NSW site changed. Can you still go there?
Nup , Cricinfo got rid of the link since they revamped the site so no one can get to it anymore , Richard & Craig also used to post on the Cricinfo forums but they've come here now.

I play for Tuggeranong.

I play for Tuggeranong as well.

We're in the middle of playing Marist at the moment. I'm embarassed to reveal our 1st innings score last weekend.

10/61.

Yeah that's right lol.

Major major major collapse with the batting. I opened and was run out when i lost my right shoe *sigh* that'll probably give the captain enough reason to do me in from the opening role for now :D

At least I can do a bit of everything hehe.

How's your team?

iamdavid

International Debutant
I'm 15 , I know Richard & Craig are both 18 , in fact I think everyone on here exept for Johnny A , LE & James is a teenager.

Im playing 2 games , we bowled Eddies out for 109 (I got 3-18) & in my 3rd grade game we were bowled out for 79 & the opposition are 5-219 :lol: :lol:

But I just f***ed my hamstring up so now I aint going to be playing until about Christmas.

Last edited:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I think theres a few more then that who aren't teenagers...

Me being one of them i know i would love to be a teen again...

JohnnyA

U19 12th Man
Bevan might fit nicely into that Bangledesh team ... he has about as much proficiency against the short ball as they do :P

... that's why he can't play test cricket :)

PY

International Coach
I'm 18, but there's several more mature (:P) posters here. You left out the all-time biggest poster who's in his 20s (Marc). And T_C and Rik.

But granted most are in their teens.

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
****points out that if he plays for the Kent U-16s, he must be well...under 16****

15 to be exact 8D

p.s Liam and Neil are not offcially classed as teens....