• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Hand-Based XIs Thread

Howe_zat

Audio File
Just the first players you could think of, or were you trying to actually put together the best team possible?

Because yet another person leaving out O'Reilly after I already pointed it out would get on my nerves. :p
Oddly enough, I put down the first 10 names I could think of and then had to google a spinner, in an impressive showing of inadvertently ignoring you.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
That's a filthy bowling attack. But surely there must be room in there somewhere for the wizardry of IDK Salisbury?

20 wickets at 76.95 in 15 Tests

Furball

Evil Scotsman
That's a filthy bowling attack. But surely there must be room in there somewhere for the wizardry of IDK Salisbury?

20 wickets at 76.95 in 15 Tests
Done.

Assuming a timeless Test (which it would need to be with the 'bowling' attacks on display), who, aside from the batsmen's averages, would emerge as the victors in a contest between my Left Arm Filth XI and my Right Hand Gash XI?

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Done.

Assuming a timeless Test (which it would need to be with the 'bowling' attacks on display), who, aside from the batsmen's averages, would emerge as the victors in a contest between my Left Arm Filth XI and my Right Hand Gash XI?
The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

However the thought of the Gash bowling ad infinitum to the likes of Shastri and Border starts to make the Roebuck Leap seem like a blessed escape.