• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players you wish to see in the current era.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
My 4 players would be Sir Vivian Richards, Vintcent van der Bijl, Kapil Dev and Michael Holding.

smash84

The Tiger King
I would definitely like to see Barnes play. Let's see what he would do on today's flat pitches

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Bradman, Larwood, Miller, Oldfield

Tough to leave out Lindwall and Davidson.

Larwood vs Tendulkar, Steyn vs Bradman and Oldfield keeping to Johnson would be ITSTL.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Everyone.

OK, my four are - Sydney Barnes, Don Bradman, Greame Pollock, Bill O'Reilly

Reasons (in that order) - Most unique bowler based on all that we've heard, Greatest batsman of all time, Beautifully uncomplicated technique, Attacking leg spinner who could apparently bowl at a good pace.

Last edited:

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
1) Fiery Fred,
2) Richard Hadlee,
3) Sydney Barnes and
4) Harold Larwood

If allowed a fifth option, I'd go for Alec Bedser.

Spark

Global Moderator
Apart from the obvious "want to see the best" Bradman/Marshall etc... O'Reilly would be quality viewing and Viv with modern bats would be carnage.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
First and foremost I'd like to see Harold Larwood bowling, but him apart I'd go for three I can't see on film

WG, the man who wrote the book on modern batsmanship

Ranji, who reinvented it, and

Trumper, who did the Australian edition

hang on

State Vice-Captain
am defining, for this purpose, the modern era as 70 and onwards.

so, bradman to show tendulkar how it is done.
sobers to show kallis how it is done.
miller to show imran how it is done.
worrell to show ponting how it is done.

Last edited: