• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

packer vs non packer style

virajqw

Cricket Spectator
hi,
what's packer and non packer style of commentary?is it something to do with commentary style?

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
I have no idea what you are on about.:P :rolleyes:

Maybe Packer style is when he is commentating and Non-Packer is when hes not?!!:P :O

Yes, i know, brilliant thinking there.

royGilchrist

State 12th Man
never heard this term before, but maybe the style promoted by the packer world series cricket (like the current aussie style of commentary perhaps, richie benaud, Ian Chappell). Non-packer style might be like the english style of commentary, like that of arlott or johnston or blofeld for example.

Just a guess.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
royGilchrist said:
never heard this term before, but maybe the style promoted by the packer world series cricket (like the current aussie style of commentary perhaps, richie benaud, Ian Chappell). Non-packer style might be like the english style of commentary, like that of arlott or johnston or blofeld for example.

Just a guess.
sounds ok to me, ive never heard of it either