• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in South Africa 2011/12

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Samaraweera's back in the squad.

Tillakaratne Dilshan (capt), Angelo Mathews (vice-capt), Tharanga Paranavitana, Kumar Sangakkara, Mahela Jayawardene, Dinesh Chandimal, Kaushal Silva (wk), Lahiru Thirimanne, Dimuth Karunaratne, Chanaka Welegedara, Dilhara Fernando, Nuwan Pradeep, Suranga Lakmal, Thisara Perera, Ajantha Mendis, Rangana Herath, Thilan Samaraweera.

Good luck to SL, I expect to see some SA domination.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I know South Africa don't like actually winning a test series, but I find it hard how they will be able to not win this one.

Spark

Global Moderator
I look forward to seeing Lakmal take 5/40 to trigger an absurd series-levelling collapse.

Corli

U19 Cricketer
Got tickets for the 4th day of the Newlands Test, I'm just hoping the match lasts at least until day 4. Also going to the Paarl ODI, which should be fun.

Xuhaib

International Coach
hopefully Sanga scores big a big series here and his place gets confirmed among the all time leading batsman.

People selling SL short here apart from one crazy session they were by far the best sub continental side to tour England.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
This is going to be an ass rape. Will need some monumental effort from Sanga to at least be competitive. But on the positive side, both Mathews and Silva are very good players of pace. If these three cn stick it out for long periods, we might escape with three draws. But my prediction is 2-0 for SAF.

SL fast men are slowly but surely improving. Fernando has been able to string some good performances at least in ODIs. Welegedara is slowly improving. Lakmal is getting better. Losing Prasad, who was mighty impressive on flat tracks and Eranga are a blow. Eranga, Prasad, Lakmal and Mendis would have been the bowling line up for SAF. Now we have to contempt with a slightly inferior Welegedara, Fernando, Lakmal combo. Senanayake has been cleared for his action. Should have walked in as the spinner.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
hopefully Sanga scores big a big series here and his place gets confirmed among the all time leading batsman.

People selling SL short here apart from one crazy session they were by far the best sub continental side to tour England.
Na, so much rain about the other 2 games were basic non events anyway and they never looked like they would win a game in England.

This could be a gruesome series with SA gaining a long overdue series win.

Lostman

State Captain
Nah Mubarak was done after a year or two. Fernando keeps on coming back every month or so for the last decade like a herpes outbreak.

If I were to make my list in would be something like this:p

D.Fernando
H. Tillekeratne
Muba/Kapu

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Criticism on Fernando is little unjustified for me. He gets injured easily, gets back in to the team and produces wicket taking deliveries. But most of the ime the catches are just dropped off his bowling. If all catches were taken propoerly would have been averaging in late 20s in both forms of the game. Basically when they catch two, they drop one off him.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Criticism on Fernando is little unjustified for me. He gets injured easily, gets back in to the team and produces wicket taking deliveries. But most of the ime the catches are just dropped off his bowling. If all catches were taken propoerly would have been averaging in late 20s in both forms of the game. Basically when they catch two, they drop one off him.
He bowls at least 60% pies and he doesn't move the ball off the straight. He is purely a pace and bounce bowler and to be successful at that you need to be pretty accurate, which he is not. He is to Harmison what Vaas is to Bedser.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
He bowls at least 60% pies and he doesn't move the ball off the straight. He is purely a pace and bounce bowler and to be successful at that you need to be pretty accurate, which he is not. He is to Harmison what Vaas is to Bedser.
Agreed, to an extent, but he's a good exponent of reverse swing. The important thing is that he produces wicket taking deliveries out of no where, amidst a plethora of pies, and quite frequently than any other SL bowler (yes, that includes Vaas and Murali too). Even the 60% pies gets covered with the rate of wicket taking deliveries he bowls. Unluckily, even best of fielders put down chances off him. in last ODI series, 3 catches were dropped off him and he took more than five wickets in four matches. Against Windies, when he took two in one match, three catches went down at slip. Mighty unlucky bowler for me.