• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Bangladesh 2011

Xuhaib

International Coach
With Bangladesh fans demanding success and Pakistan having issues off the field - yes they beat Sri Lanka but they weren't really tested. Favourites might have been a tad harsh, but I'm going for Ban to win the Test series.
So Malinga, Mahela, Sanga did not test them and then suddenly Mushfiqur, Imrul kayes, and some random slow left armer will start testing them.

Xuhaib

International Coach
It'll be interesting to see how much Khalil has improved. I don't really put a lot of weight into Quaid-i-Azam Trophy performances because there are so many ****ing teams and no overseas players so the quality is really diluted at times, however Khalil also did really well in the Pentangular tournament last season which does make me a bit more optimistic. I would've gone Sadaf myself, particularly given it's against Bangladesh, but Sadaf has lots of time ahead of him and this is probably Khalil's last shot so it's 'nice' to see him selected.
For some odd reason the batting averages in Pakistan domestic cricket are a better indicator of a players quality then the bowling averages.

smash84

The Tiger King
No way Bangladesh are anywhere near favourites for this series. Pakistan are probably Bangladesh's toughest match up, in terms of strengths and weaknesses. Bangladeshi spinners will be nullified as Pakistani batsmen can play spin competently, and their batsmen's weakness; pace bowlers are Pakistan's strength. Also expect Ajmal, Afridi and Hafeez to get plenty of wickets.
Makes sense.

Bangladesh have not beaten pakistan in any odi t20 or test match in over a decade IIRC.

Let's hope Pak continue that run

Athlai

Not Terrible
Oh God I just looked at Bangladesh's batting line up for the first time. Yeah they won't chase over 110.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Pakistan faltering in the face of this new "bowl the entire team" strategy.

Has anyone used 8 or more bowlers in a T20 before?