• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Greatest Ever 'Taches in Cricket?

hang on

State Vice-Captain
In honour of Movember, please select your top 5.

Pictures highly appreciated.

Note: no beards, soul patches and suchlike bumfluff.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You are kidding aren't you?

Honorable mention to every Indian cricketer in the 80's.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Merv has this covered.

Honourable mention to Adam Hollioake's handlebar effort that he sported all too briefly towards the end of his Surrey career:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Gooch's moustache was like Gough's bowling. Impressive in its own right, but really nothing close to what the Australians had at the time.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
The fact that anyone could consider these 'taches "impressive" deeply saddens me. Its your choice if you want to look like an unprecedentedly ridiculous ****, just because you can, but personally I'd rather have a raccoon shoved up my arse.

Edit: Mainly applicable to Merv Hughes tbh. Worst thing ever put on someone's face.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Gooch

Greenidge

Boon and Border (c) - ignore Marsh - maximum 10 images per post allowed here.

Vengsarkar and Dev

Murdoch (wk)

Hadlee

Kumble*

Lillee**

Spofforth

Not a bad side tbh. I'm sure there are many other contenders - Botham in lieu of Dev maybe. Rod Marsh over Murdoch.

Lots of great bowlers with moustaches, but the best of all I think is:

*Not easy to find many spinners who had moustaches. I put this down to the fact that they're usually pretty unmanly.
**Obviously, if Imran had a moustache, it would be better than Lillee's. Especially in the subcontinent and the West Indies.