• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fleming's ridiculous comments

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Craig said:
They have even experimented opening with Cairns as well as well as Vettori. Actually correct me if I am wrong, but I believe he is one of Gloucestershire's best one-day batsmen.
Spearman?

Yep, but there's a big difference between hitting runs in the NCL and in ODIs.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
*cough* Ian Harvey *cough* (scores for fun in NCL)

As for Spearman, what's the position re him playing for NZ - doesn't that invalidate his status in the UK?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
marc71178 said:
As for Spearman, what's the position re him playing for NZ - doesn't that invalidate his status in the UK?
Sure does.

Apparently Bracewell asked him about returning to the International fold, and was politely declined..

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Craig said:
They have even experimented opening with Cairns as well as well as Vettori. Actually correct me if I am wrong, but I believe he is one of Gloucestershire's best one-day batsmen.
Tuffey ain't that bad and is bowling as well as he ever has and is accurate (not in the last game).
Spearman is unquestionaby Gloucs' best one-day batsman, but scoring runs in National League and C&G cricket is a different kettle-of-fish to attempting to score them in ODIs.
Tuffey, meanwhile, got a cheap 4-for and a cheap 3-for in the last 2 games, but I really don't rate him especially highly.