• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Feature - No Justice for the Judge

Flametree

International 12th Man
One legacy from Robin Smith is that most modern batsmen followed him into the gym and now have forearms bigger than my legs...

archie mac

International Coach
Good read that, was a true fighter. I remember after they beat Aust in a ODI the Poms taking pics of him with a bulldog. I think only him Lamb and Gatting could have pulled that off. :cool:

The rest of the team would have been laughable with anything outher than a poodle at their side

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really enjoyed reading that, one of my very favourite players when I was younger. When I was about 8 or 9 I used to have a picture of him (playing the square cut obviously) on my bat after I decided to go all Brian Lara and take the stickers off, don't think I have ever successfully played that shot in my life but I certainly tried enough times.

My only real memory of him as an England player was when he fractured his cheekbone, remember my dad saying at the time he feared it would be the last time he would play for England, had totally forgotten he was on that tour of SA.