• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How good is the Pakistan Team right now? (AKA the Pakistani climate thread)

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
This thread showed promising signs early on, only to disappoint later. Certainly not what I was hoping for. :(

Definitely blaming Woodster and Smalishah for bringing peace to this thread. It needs more of Sledger and Faisal.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
This thread showed promising signs early on, only to disappoint later. Certainly not what I was hoping for. :(

Definitely blaming Woodster and Smalishah for bringing peace to this thread. It needs more of Sledger and Faisal.
and more Furball, he is always looking for a good fight. :p

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
on a turner i think both sides are 50-50 England do struggle picking Ajmal, Hafeez & Rehman are not bad supporting bowlers however there is equal likelihood of Pakistan crumbling to Swann on a such a track.Toss becomes a key in such a scenario.
Its all about pressure...where England can keep the pressure on from one end with Swann...Pakistan can very well keep it going from both ends...Especially Rehman has the quality to choke the run flow with his line and length...

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Its all about pressure...where England can keep the pressure on from one end with Swann...Pakistan can very well keep it going from both ends...Especially Rehman has the quality to choke the run flow with his line and length...
Have you bothered watching any of England's bowlers in the last year?

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
because keeping pressure on has been the main reason we are thrashing all and sundry. That is all.
In response to Xuhaib's post....i was assuming that we played on a turner. In English conditions you can keep the pressure on with fast bowlers as well..but on slow pitches its tough.

Does England have a second spinner who could claim to be good enough to keep that kind of pressure on? If so then I would be wrong to say what I said in the previous post.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In response to Xuhaib's post....i was assuming that we played on a turner. In English conditions you can keep the pressure on with fast bowlers as well..but on slow pitches its tough.

Does England have a second spinner who could claim to be good enough to keep that kind of pressure on? If so then I would be wrong to say what I said in the previous post.
Well our pacemen are pretty good at reverse swing too which will happen on the pitches we will play on. Won't need 2 spinners.

Woodster

International Captain

Sorry mate, will try and throw a few more controversial comments out there!

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Well our pacemen are pretty good at reverse swing too which will happen on the pitches we will play on. Won't need 2 spinners.
Did the ball reverse a lot in the matches between Pakistan and Sri Lanka in UAE?

@ Furball, just having a laugh mate, since you always have a good comeback. :)

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
If discussion had continued I would have started a counter thread called "are pak fans the most excitable?", and I probably would have earnt an infraction for it!!!

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
yeah England don't need a 2nd spinner their fast bowlers are decent at reversing the ball.I am confident we will bowl ok on these pitches its how we bat that will decide the competitiveness of this series.

Woodster

International Captain
yeah England don't need a 2nd spinner their fast bowlers are decent at reversing the ball.I am confident we will bowl ok on these pitches its how we bat that will decide the competitiveness of this series.
We have the option probably of using Monty Panesar should we need a second spinner, though depending on conditions we are probably stronger with three seamers. Would be handy if we had someone like Hafeez that can bowl a number of overs to help the attack, I rate Hafeez as much better than part-time like KP is.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Given all the drama that follows them around, Pakistan are never as bad as they should be.

smash84

The Tiger King

tbh your Pakistani version (read as Salman85) started this thread to stoke the fires 2 months in advance of the series. If we start all the jesting and jousting from now there will be fatigue even before the battle starts :p

Sorry mate, will try and throw a few more controversial comments out there!
haha.....Woodster....a true gentleman even when trying to pick a fight....WAG

Given all the drama that follows them around, Pakistan are never as bad as they should be.
I think this was the statement that Agent wanted to make initially and ended up saying something else which was seized upon by Marc and GF :p

hang on

State Vice-Captain
I know we aren't. Point I am making is that there were better sides around then and Australia were still easily the best. England don't have much competition at present do they?
the yarps would beg to disagree. and england still need to do well in india, not to mention lanka. promising signs for the england team but early days yet. will know by the end of next year - after playing the saffers at home and three subcontinental teams away - if the past year was a flash in the pan.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Can understand why the English fans are getting a little peeved in this thread. Some completely uneducated opinions being thrown around about the England bowlers.