• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your favourite moments on the cricket field which you would like to share.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
We all are die hard cricket fans, almost all of us play cricket at some level or the other,
we learn a lot by playing this game, not just about cricket, but about life,
we have our good and bad moments on the cricket field,
I would like everyone to share their moments on the field which they will never forget(whether good or bad).

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Coming in at no 10 before lunch on the second day of a two day game for my club. We were 139/8 chasing 354, and I batted out rest of the day with my more senior partner. Made 47*, easily highest score I've ever had in competitive cricket, just totally surreal experience

karan316

State Vice-Captain
Once in a 3 day match, I clean bowled the 2 opening batsmen in my first over, but the middle order batsmen batted brilliantly and took the score to 140 for 2 and they were playing really patiently and consuming a lot of deliveries in the process, it was almost the end of the day's play, I was completely exhausted after bowling 17 overs in hot and humid conditions, I was thinking whether I will be able to some more overs or not,
the coach told me to try and bowl a couple of overs more and give a try, I bowled an over after that and I felt really down because the batsmen were looking very comfortable playing my bowling, I went back to the long on position and was wondering what to do, my coach came near me and told me,
'' kuch hi overs baki hai, phir hame rest hi karna hai, puri jaan laga ke dal le, jitna ho sake utna try kar, ek wicket mil gaya to bhi bahut hai''
which means ''only few overs are left for the day, we will get enough rest after that,just try and bowl your heart out , it will be good if we get a wicket here."

I bowled another over after that, I was trying to take my time and give my best in each and every delivery, I didn't get a wicket but my coach was applauding my efforts, I got really motivated and I bowled one more after that, which was my 20th over(also the last over of the day),
I tried bowling yorkers in my first 2 deliveries, 1st one was a perfect yorker, second one was a low full toss but the batsman still defended it, I followed it up with a slower delivery and got the batsman out caught and bowled, the next three deliveries were defended by the new batsman who was just looking to play out my over.

I felt really satisfied that day, I felt like I have achieved something, I think sometimes you have to push your limitations and try and do something more than you would do normally to get the desired result.
And yes, I also realised the importance of motivation, a good coach or captain should be able to motivate his players and try and instill confidence in them, thats what my coach did most of the time, and I have always followed the same path, I always do all i can to motivate my fellow players and get the best out of them.

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
I hit my big brother for a huge six once as a kid(all timing) when I was weak as a weed batsman and everyone told me I couldn't hit one. Had loads of superb childhood experiences as a kid in cricket.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I was keeping wicket indoors so not stood very far back, and my brother had built up a head of steam bowling pretty quickly and it was swinging loads. The batsmen kept swinging and missing by miles and I kept taking it cleanly... he was getting really annoyed and turned round and spat "how the **** are you catching those?" with a really angry look on his face. I LOL'd. Which for some reason annoyed him more. :ph34r:

gvenkat

State Captain
Our team needed 12 from the last over and I walked in as #7 with we needing 6 from 4 balls. The other guy took a single and the bowler bowled a wide. That left us with 4 from 3 balls and me facing.

The opponents seeing me in the crease brought in the field. I was not a known big hitter and was just a nudger and pusher. We had one of our best batters on the other end and they thought I will try to get him on strike. Specifically the opposing cappo said to his fielders in my native language " He won't hit".. Come closer.

I picked the open spot between cover and long off. There was a baseball diamond and I knew If I can get the ball as far as the diamond it was a four. I made up my mind, premeditated walked out and played one of the best inside out shots. I could not believe it and we had won.. One of my best moments.. :D

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Played a 4 on 4 Test match with my buddies.

First innings, I got runout, but we made 87 nonetheless. The other team came on to bat, and scored about 270, absolutely smashed us to all parts of the ground. We were so demoralized by the end of it, each one of us was yelling at the other.

When we came on to bat again, my buddy and I put on about a 200 run partnership, and got a lead of 54 IIRC. They needed 55 to win.

They got to about 47 for 1. And then I bowled an over where I picked up 3 wickets and clean bowled their best batsman, the one who smashed us to all parts the last game, to win the game. Yes, we were playing last man since it was only 4 on 4.

Was an epic match, went on for a good 4-5 hours in 30 deg C heat. One moment we're yelling at each other, the next we're jumping up and down, giving high fives, boasting, and hugging. Really makes you appreciate the game even more.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I've had an interesting time of it, so it's hard to pinpoint one or two.

In two senses the most professional cricketer ever produced by New Zealand, I made myself a household name throughout the cricket world by dedicating myself to cricket from an early age and making the best possible use of a considerable natural ability. Unswervingly single-minded in my pursuit of runs, unashamedly ambitious and often impatient of amateur administrators in New Zealand, my career with Worcestershire was the key to my success everywhere else. I deliberately enrolled in the hard school of county cricket, learnt my lessons quickly and never forgot them. Almost frail-looking, pale-faced and serious-minded, I was an immaculately straight-playing opener, who defended with a solidity of technique few contemporaries matched. Although limited in my early days, I eventually played every shot on demand, and scored as fast as anyone when necessary. My most characteristic shots were the off-drive and a beautifully-timed drive to midwicket with the face of the bat turned on impact. I began my Test career with a duck, but the broad canvas of the five-day game suited my tempo and temperament, giving me, considered a cultured craftsman, the opportunity to build my innings steadily, soberly and coolly.

I guess you could say my favourite moments were when I twice carried my bat through a completed Test innings, and in the West Indies in 1971-72 hit four double-centuries in all matches, including successive innings of 259 at Georgetown. I captained New Zealand in ten Tests, but relinquished the job after one of my regular disagreements with administrators. I managed New Zealand's teams in Australia and England in 1985-86, and was reappointed in 1995. I coached Otago and was appointed a national selector in August 2007.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I was scorer in a friendly match in the mid 80's on a small village green where former Pakistani batsman of the 70's Sadiq Mohammed then aged around 40 hit the first ball over the church and into a field about three streets away. The second disappeared into the trees and was never seen again. With only one ball now left to play out the remaining 39.4 overs he was asked to retire hurt. When the other team batted he opened the bowling and took three wickets in the first over and was removed from the attack at the request of the umpires because his leg breaks were considered too dangerous for the standard of the batsman.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I've had an interesting time of it, so it's hard to pinpoint one or two.

In two senses the most professional cricketer ever produced by New Zealand, I made myself a household name throughout the cricket world by dedicating myself to cricket from an early age and making the best possible use of a considerable natural ability. Unswervingly single-minded in my pursuit of runs, unashamedly ambitious and often impatient of amateur administrators in New Zealand, my career with Worcestershire was the key to my success everywhere else. I deliberately enrolled in the hard school of county cricket, learnt my lessons quickly and never forgot them. Almost frail-looking, pale-faced and serious-minded, I was an immaculately straight-playing opener, who defended with a solidity of technique few contemporaries matched. Although limited in my early days, I eventually played every shot on demand, and scored as fast as anyone when necessary. My most characteristic shots were the off-drive and a beautifully-timed drive to midwicket with the face of the bat turned on impact. I began my Test career with a duck, but the broad canvas of the five-day game suited my tempo and temperament, giving me, considered a cultured craftsman, the opportunity to build my innings steadily, soberly and coolly.

I guess you could say my favourite moments were when I twice carried my bat through a completed Test innings, and in the West Indies in 1971-72 hit four double-centuries in all matches, including successive innings of 259 at Georgetown. I captained New Zealand in ten Tests, but relinquished the job after one of my regular disagreements with administrators. I managed New Zealand's teams in Australia and England in 1985-86, and was reappointed in 1995. I coached Otago and was appointed a national selector in August 2007.
But marrying Suhki beats it all, right?