• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Richard Sherlock

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah a few seasons ago I saw Papps bat against Auckland in a State Shield match & he played some glorious shots.

If he finds consistency this season then he might be able to push his way up the ranks, but I can't see him getting a go before Tim McIntosh.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
Papps scoring runs in club again. 99 and 45* on saturday in a 2 day match.. Looking good.

Wade Corniulus(sp?) got 6-15

and Redmond 3 economic wickets and another 50

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
I have only seen him bowl a couple of times but I rate, Jeetan Patel and Redmond ahead of him.

The NZ selectors seem to like him though.

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
And adding to that. Ross Taylor.. 138 off 140 balls against wellington yesterday in another academy game and took 24 off one over from Mark Gillespie(last years academt bowler).. Ryder got another 50.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I rate Martin ahead of both of those spinners...a) because i've seen all of them bowl & b) because Martin has the best average for a spinner in NZ with 24.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Good to see guys like Ryder, Broom & Taylor scoring some runs.
Ryder seems to be getting consistent runs but not converting them into hundreds at the moment.

NZ seriously need these Academy players to step-up this season because I don't think I can stand watching another ODI with NZ 63/5 or whatever.

Craig

World Traveller
Well Ryder better start converting his 50s into 100s. We dont need another Richardson and Fleming.

In that I mean not turning 50s into 100s. But that is inexperience I guess.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well at least with Richardson he scores consistent 50's whereas Fleming scores a 50 and then goes 3 or 4 innings scoring very little.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Jesse Ryder scored 97 in very quick time against Otago yesterday. Opening with Richardson they had a partnership of 170 before Ryder was run out..thats 3 times now that Ryder has been run out opening with Richardson.

I think Ryder is going to score a truckload of runs for C.D this season, I think C.D could win the State Championship considering they've also got in form batsman Ross Taylor and bowler Richard Sherlock.