• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

These three tests vs South Africa...

nexxus

U19 Debutant
SA are really getting screwed (or screwing up, probably more likely) their Test situation. What happened to that grand announcement that SA vs. Eng. was going to be 'an Icon series' from now on & that they'd all be 4-5 match series?

I guess CSA decided it'd be better to have year long breaks & some T20's rather.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Funnily enough the 2009/10 series was also after that announcement, yet that also wasn't 5 matches...
Haha yeah, it's pish isn't it? Sign an agreement so that all future series between the two sides will be 5 Tests, then within 4 months break that agreement due to "scheduling pressures" (which was a load of pish considering we got an extra 2 T20Is and 2 ODIs thrown in) and then blame the Olympics for only being able to fit in 3 Tests next summer, despite the fact that we've found room for a 5 match ODI series vs Australia in between the West Indies and South Africa series.

I'd quite happily lose the ODIs at the end of the tour tbh, I don't care about them.

Last edited:

Teja.

Global Moderator
Signed. Can't wait for the series, both teams have very attractive bowling attacks which makes for grand neutral viewing.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Don't be too disappointed guys we get that wonderfully popular ODI series against the Aussies a series so popular Graeme Swann couldn't give his free tickets away for last time.

But seriously? DO we have to host the WI at the end of the summer for 2 pointless T20s?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Don't be too disappointed guys we get that wonderfully popular ODI series against the Aussies a series so popular Graeme Swann couldn't give his free tickets away for last time.

But seriously? DO we have to host the WI at the end of the summer for 2 pointless T20s?
We either play the Windies or hand back a big bag of cash to Sky.

keeper

U19 Vice-Captain
Does anyone go on other sites where they can post the link? I've done a few but not specific cricket sites.

keeper

U19 Vice-Captain
In responding to an article criticising the scheduling of Tests Giles Clarke has written a quite dreadful reply. Self-justifying, evasive, hypocritical, it is hard to know where to start with it.

Test cricket will only thrive if matches remain enthralling - Telegraph

The good news is that the criticism is getting through and gewtting to them. If anyone can do anything more with the link in the OP (post on other forums, forward to club members etc.) then please do so if this issue bothers you.

dfx-

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Funnily enough the 2009/10 series was also after that announcement, yet that also wasn't 5 matches...
The 09/10 series was originally 5 matches wasn't it...then Port Elizabeth lost out.

Shame, it's my favourite test series as a semi-neutral...though as long as SA win, I don't mind who wins:happy: