• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best 'Keeper In T' World (nothing to do with batting ability)

Yousuf_Youhana

U19 12th Man
Tatenda Taibu (Worlds Best Keeper)
Romesh Kaluwitharana (Short Keepers are the best it seems?)
Chris Read (Kept well against MacGill for Notts)

cant name any more SUPERB ones

JohnnyA

U19 12th Man
Rik said:
Polly may have dropped in speed, but I can't see any evidence he's dropped in effectiveness, didn't he just recently take 6 wickets and is still averaging under 21 with the ball?
Are you trying to tell me he didn't look jaded last summer? He's a gamer. He's a very intelligent and adaptable bowler. But he's not the bowler he was 3 or 4 years ago. There isn't the same nastiness and spitefulness about his deliveries.

Besides, I've already answered this point once:

Pollock is still a very effective bowler. He's extremely clever, and uses what he has to his advantage. His ability to cut the ball on any surface is the key to his success. But if you seen him bowl this summer, you'd agree he looks extremely jaded ... and he's only 30 years old! He has way to many overs under his belt. He's been overbowled for years now.
When the velocity begins to go ... it's normally a sign of decline in a player. And jusdging by the current SA attack, his workload isn't going to get any better. I don't rate Ntini as high as the Channel 4 commentary team did. they were talking about him like hes' Curtly Ambrose or something. He's a decent first change bowler. And how he got MoM at Lords I've no idea. Sure he got 10 wickets, but they were dished up on a platter by the English batsmen ... 6 caught in the deep ... and a few tail enders.

The point is, SA are so dependent on him for wickets, his body is not going to get any respite. I think, even though he's only 30 yrs old, he's beginning his slow decline (normally this would be a peak time for a fast bowler). Times are a changin'

Jon

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
Polly may have dropped in speed, but I can't see any evidence he's dropped in effectiveness, didn't he just recently take 6 wickets and is still averaging under 21 with the ball?
But did he deserve the wickets?

That is the important thing... ;)