• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can Ponting win this match for Australia

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Yes.

Poontang takes it home with 150*, and then proceeds to play ten more years scoring 150 international hundreds and making Cricinfo writers cry

karan316

State Vice-Captain
I hope he does win this match and proves all his critics wrong. Can't predict much when Steyn and Morkel are bowling, but lets hope he does well.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I hope he does - I'm very keen to see him come back to England in 2013 and score a double century at the Oval to prevent England doing to Aus what we did to India

ganeshran

International Debutant
You could clearly see that the confidence was returning in the 2nd pull shot he played - dismissively arrogant and trademark Ponting.

To top on that , he left anything that was remotely outside the off stump. Though the uncharacteristic shuffle still exists, the discipline that Ponting showed in this innings was remarkable.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'd love to see Ponting steering Aust to victory with an unbeaten hundred. Funny I have so much more Ponting-love now he's not skipper.

Nicks

Banned
Ponting and his history

It will be difficult to prove his mettle at this stage...but we all know he has the capibility

intcricket

U19 12th Man
Gunning for Ponting in this innings. Hope he seals his spot for the Test Series vs us, so that we can take good care of him :D

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Sad thing - I haven't seen a single ball of this innings :( stupid Ten Cricket was showing highlights of the 1st test last night.