• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pura Cup

deeps

International 12th Man
the australian selectors are soo biased on bringing in youth,that they would force him to retire i expect...shame, he's playing some awesome cricket, making 100's every week!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
iamdavid said:
Its got to the stage now where they cant really drop Katich for the first test against India , regardless of what the form/fitness of Lehmann or Love dictates.
Love doesn't really come into the picture for that role though does he?

I assume they will continue with the 6th batsman / 2nd Spinner route.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
deeps said:
the australian selectors are soo biased on bringing in youth
As showed by the recent selection of Lehmann to fill Mark Waugh's spot in the side, and the calling up of the likes of Kasprowicz for this One Day Tournament you mean?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
deeps said:
the australian selectors are soo biased on bringing in youth,that they would force him to retire i expect...shame, he's playing some awesome cricket, making 100's every week!

So long as he is scoring runs the selectors will have no option but to leave him in the side, If they drop him when he is still hitting them well there will be a national outcry and the selectors would have to move to Vladavostok to get away from it.....

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:

True. If Lehmann does not play I think Katich will, I doubt Katich will take over from Lehmann who averages over 50 in Test Cricket. Love hasn't done anything wrong and although Katich is averaging stupidly high in domestic cricket, Love's last innings in Test Cricket was an unbeaten ton against Bangladesh, Katich's was 50 and 6 wickets against just as weak Zimbabwe. I'd go for Love.

iamdavid

International Debutant
marc71178 said:

Well at the beginning of the summer Love was the next batsman in line , he scored 100* in his last test innings & last time I checked he was 82* against Victoria , he will certainly be mentioned but unlikely get picked.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Darren Lehmann 90% chance of being fit for 1st test.
Jason Gillespie is fit now.
Glenn McGrath 50% chance for 2nd test.
Brett Lee 85% chance for 1st test.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
iamdavid said:
Well at the beginning of the summer Love was the next batsman in line
If they're looking for a specific type of player (batsman who can fill in as a 2nd spinner) though, he's going to be overlooked if he doesn't fulfill the criteria.

Similarly if they were looking for an opener, he'd be overlooked as he's not one!

Craig

World Traveller
Blewy said:
Absolutley amazing...
What else can you say..

S.Waugh's 2003/04 Pura Cup Stats
413 Runs @ 103 HS: 157 100's: 2 50's: 2

S.Katich's 2003/04 Pura Cup Stats
476 Runs @ 238 HS: 182* 100's: 2 50's: 2
7 Wkts @ 20.71

Now for all those clowns calling for Steve Waughs axeing from the Test side, The more you bag the guy the more he hits back and everytime the hit gets harder...

And for the Kat, I feel that he has cememted his spot in the side for a while now, He has the ability to be the allrounder in the tests that the aussies have been looking for, Hows this for David Hookes to be eating his words...
Does Hookes has any creditbility left?

I read in the Sunday Telegraph (Sydney newspaper for those not from Aus.) that they said he (S.Waugh) only had his spot until the end of the Zimbabwe series and he would have to continue scoring runs like everybody else.

Craig

World Traveller
Lunchtime scores

Vic v Queensland

Victoria 381/9d
Queensland 281/4 (92.0 ov)

Hopes 24*
Love 141*

Tas v NSW

New South Wales 453/5d
Tasmania 45/1 (20.0 ov)

Mason 18*
Watson 25*

www.baggygreen.com.au

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Two things...

1/ How long before Queensland declare?

2/ Do you think Love can make a triple century?

Its brilliant in the Pura Cup at the moment. To be honest Katich and Love are really fighting it out for a place in the test side, and we thought Katich was a shoe-in after his 171, but what a reply by Love!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
1. Qeensland will look for a lead of about 250 just befoe lunch which is a good chance with the hard hitting Simpson in next.

2. If Love doesn't get out chasing quick runs I'd say he will get 300.

If Australia have Gillespie, Lee, Bichel & MacGill fit I'm pretty sure they will play Love, if they are a bowler weak they may play Katich.

It sure will be interesting who the selectors pick now.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, well, well...Mr. Hohns, Martin Love 300* what will you do?

Qld 7/605 dec & Vic 1/31 (Lunch)

Hamburger c Secombe b Dawes 5

Tasmania 276

N.S.W. chasing quick runs 2/34 Mail and Haddin the not out batsman.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Mister Wright said:
Well, well, well...Mr. Hohns, Martin Love 300* what will you do?
Well with the first test at the Gabba (Love's home ground and pace friendly) you should see Martin Love in the side with all things being equal.

Warne is god

U19 12th Man
Stupid fool

Well done Martin Love kill a game why don' t you, it could have been an exciting game but he had to think about himself and not the team. take a chance, you should have declared 100 odd runs behind and made a game of it. Stupid bl**dy Queensland fool

iamdavid

International Debutant
Does anyone know whats going on with Doug Bollinger , he showed a lot of promise last year & so far this season he hasnt played a game for the Blues , is he injured.....?

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Love will play if the pitch doesn't look liek it will turn, Katich if it does.

Bollinger may have showed promise, didn't look that great though, and Nicholson was recruited hes been performing well too, so he hasn't been able to break into the side, he may be injured too i really dont know about that.