• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pura Cup

Warne is god

U19 12th Man
Vics

To any Victorians here, do you prefer Junction Oval or Punt Rd. to watch cricket. I prefer Punt Rd. it seems more family like.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Some good news for Australia as Stuart MacGill has said he is fully fit and ready to play.

Also, Pura Cup is on again tommorro between the Vics and Queensland again. Who will win?:)

Craig

World Traveller
Mr. Ponting said:
Yeah and Langer made up for more than a duck, he made up for an absolutely shocking start to the season!:P Good innings mate, great stuff.:)
When you think about, Justin Langer isnt really that consistant.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Mr. Ponting said:
Some good news for Australia as Stuart MacGill has said he is fully fit and ready to play.

Also, Pura Cup is on again tommorro between the Vics and Queensland again. Who will win?:)
To close to call , the Bulls are a stronger side but they are in some poor form , the Bushrangers are not as strong a side but White , Hodge & Elliott are all in great form.
I reckon the Vic's but it will be very tight.

deeps

International 12th Man
Craig said:
When you think about, Justin Langer isnt really that consistant.
neither is brian lara...but on his day,he's deadly...he's one of those ppl that will make 6 'nothing' scores...and then when WI need it the most,he comes up wif a double century or something

Hoggy

U19 12th Man
Re: Vics

Warne is god said:
To any Victorians here, do you prefer Junction Oval or Punt Rd. to watch cricket. I prefer Punt Rd. it seems more family like.
Having never watched a game at the Junction Oval I'd have to say that Punt Road is the way to go.

Probably less druggies hanging around there as well. :!(

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Vic v Qld Junction Oval 11-14 Nov

Day 1: Vic 6/255 (95.1)

Elliot 106 (out off the first ball bowled with the new ball)

Dawes 3/50

Victoria were going along swimmingly at 1/146 then they lost Hodge to Simpson for his first, first class wicket.

White went to Hopes off the last ball of the day.

Evenly balanced at the moment, although Qld will not want to chase anything over 300, 275 would be good.

Mister Wright

Perren just got his 50. Qld 1/92 289 behind

N.S.W. 2/283 Katich & S. Waugh both with tons 144* & 105* respectively.

D. Wright bowled both Slater (16) & Mail (21)

iamdavid

International Debutant
Batsmen: R B 4s 6s S/R
SR Waugh (RHB) 110 159 11 4 69.18 Striker
SM Katich (LHB) 159 181 21 1 87.85 Non-striker
:D :wow: :lol:

Its got to the stage now where they cant really drop Katich for the first test against India , regardless of what the form/fitness of Lehmann or Love dictates.

His scores so far this year - 52 , 132* , 30 , 182* , 71* , 159*

And the strike rate overall is close to a run a ball

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
As much as I despise Katich, I have to say that I agree with you mate. Lehmanns form hasn't been superb anyway.:)

Mister Wright

Its got to the stage now where they cant really drop Katich for the first test against India , regardless of what the form/fitness of Lehmann or Love dictates.
I guess it is a case of what goes around. I remember a few years back when Lehmann & Ponting were competing for a spot in the batting order. And they said Lehmann was the better player of spin so he would play on spin friendly wickets, and Ponting would play in other conditions. Lehmann was in pretty fine domestic form at the time - scoring hundreds everywhere - yet he was still dropped for Ponting.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Absolutley amazing...
What else can you say..

S.Waugh's 2003/04 Pura Cup Stats
413 Runs @ 103 HS: 157 100's: 2 50's: 2

S.Katich's 2003/04 Pura Cup Stats
476 Runs @ 238 HS: 182* 100's: 2 50's: 2
7 Wkts @ 20.71

Now for all those clowns calling for Steve Waughs axeing from the Test side, The more you bag the guy the more he hits back and everytime the hit gets harder...

And for the Kat, I feel that he has cememted his spot in the side for a while now, He has the ability to be the allrounder in the tests that the aussies have been looking for, Hows this for David Hookes to be eating his words...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
yeah another excellent knock from Katich and well what can you say about steve waugh, hes just a run making machine, unbeleivable, go NSW :D:D:D

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
I just wonder if Steve Waugh still scores this heavily in the tests he will still retire at the end of the Indian tour. I hope not. It would be a waste. Its the best form of his career.