• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Sachin Retire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eloquentia

U19 12th Man
Given he's proving now that he's not test standard & probably never was (got lucky a few times) it begs the question - should he save his already shattered fathom of pride and retire?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm not going to make a call. The last time I did that for Dravid he scored 6 hundreds in 12 months.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He should retire when he doesn't want to play anymore. It's as simple as that for me. If he's not good enough anymore then the selectors should drop him (not that I think it's at that stage yet).

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Sachin should make his 100th 100 and then retire. It's always best to go when on top and the 100th 100 in a last innings would be the best for someone as great as him.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Lol @ the idea that anyone who has had the 2010 that Sachin has had should retire simply due to one bad series in 2011.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
No. Given that he has never been test standard, he should probably try his best to become a test standard batsman before hanging up his boots. I understand that it's very hard to keep his place in the side when Bradman-esque talents of Yuvraj and Raina are pushing him hard for his money. But he shouldn't give up. Moreover, he can earn some more money playing test cricket. That should be a big allurement for such a poor man.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
He should retire when he doesn't want to play anymore. It's as simple as that for me. If he's not good enough anymore then the selectors should drop him (not that I think it's at that stage yet).
How bad would Tendulkar have to be for the selectors to drop him?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I thought he's already well below that :ph34r: ...The fact that ICC keeps him at no. 5 among test batsmen on current form is perhaps an indication that ICC rankings are meant to be read upside down...

Edit: In response to PEWS :)

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Be a bit of a git if he and Ponting go within a few months of each other. Despite their poor form of late that is a hell of a hole to fill in cricket in general.

smash84

The Tiger King
No. Given that he has never been test standard, he should probably try his best to become a test standard batsman before hanging up his boots. I understand that it's very hard to keep his place in the side when Bradman-esque talents of Yuvraj and Raina are pushing him hard for his money. But he shouldn't give up. Moreover, he can earn some more money playing test cricket. That should be a big allurement for such a poor man.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

ganeshran

International Debutant
He's a good cricketer. He's not a wizard.
One does not have to be a wizard to figure out the right time to bow out. He said in an interview last year - "I am happy, not satisfied". When he is content with his achievements, and feels there is nothing more to play for, he will hang up his boots. SRT will not need to be forced out.

Status
Not open for further replies.