• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Current Test XI

indian_legend

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
India-Australia

Virender Sehwag
Gautam Gambhir
Rahul Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
Ricky Ponting
*Michael Clarke
+MS Dhoni
R Ashwin
Ryan Harris
Peter Siddle
Zaheer Khan

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
India Pak

Gambhir
Sehwag
Dravid
Sachin
Younis
Laxman
Dhoni (C)
Zaheer
Gul
Ajmal
Junaid

Want to get Misbah in there somewhere but that Indian batting lineup is too awesome :p
+1

India and Pakistan would have complemented each other perfectly had Amir and Asif not been idiots.

Spark

Global Moderator
India-Australia

Virender Sehwag
Gautam Gambhir
Rahul Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
Ricky Ponting
*Michael Clarke
+MS Dhoni
R Ashwin
Ryan Harris
Peter Siddle
Zaheer Khan
Laxman over Ponting surely.
Harris and Khan in one attack would be... yeah.

Flem274*

123/5
I am assuming that I can pick Wade because the new panel are not tools.

McCullum
Hussey
Ryder
Watson
Clarke
Taylor
Wade
Vettori
Harris
Southee
Copeland/Cummins/Some NZ Hack
That is an exceptionally odd side.

You have a number six opening, a number five at three, an opener at four, a number four at six, and Young and Haddin should be well ahead of Wade given Wade has never played a test.

Flem274*

123/5
New Zealand and India

Sehwag
Gambhir
Dravid
Tendulkar
Laxman
Taylor/Ryder/Williamson
Dhoni/Young (depends what you want from your keeper really. I guess Dhoni since Young has played for two minutes)
Vettori
Bracewell
Southee
Zaheer

Lol at that balance between nation/player type.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
New Zealand and India

Sehwag
Gambhir
Dravid
Tendulkar
Laxman
Taylor/Ryder/Williamson
Dhoni/Young (depends what you want from your keeper really. I guess Dhoni since Young has played for two minutes)
Vettori
Bracewell
Southee
Zaheer

Lol at that balance between nation/player type.
Haha I think I probably rate Ishant Sharma the least out of everyone on this entire forum but picking Bracewell ahead of him is not okay. There is really no way Young should play ahead of Dhoni either, and I extend my Sharma sentiments to Dhoni as well.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Haha I think I probably rate Ishant Sharma the least out of everyone on this entire forum but picking Bracewell ahead of him is not okay. There is really no way Young should play ahead of Dhoni either, and I extend my Sharma sentiments to Dhoni as well.
Ishant is all over the place. Dougeh is bowling perfection. Ishant can can gagf.

The reason I listed Dhoni/Young is because if you want someone who can bat for the draw or on bouncy pitches, Young with his defensive play and back foot strengths is your man. If you want to murder some ****s in the subcontinent, Dhoni all the way.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ishant is all over the place. Dougeh is bowling perfection. Ishant can can gagf.

The reason I listed Dhoni/Young is because if you want someone who can bat for the draw or on bouncy pitches, Young with his defensive play and back foot strengths is your man. If you want to murder some ****s in the subcontinent, Dhoni all the way.
I don't think one would ever have such specific needs as to have Young as their keeper over Dhoni.

Picking Bracewell over Sharma and Praveen at the moment just makes you look like a bit of a douche tbh. :p Let him actually do something first.