• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Big Bash League

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
Hilfenhaus starting the BBL well. Not the style of bowling you expect to be succesful in Twenty20 cricket as he is average in the slightly longer format.

Redbacks

International Captain
I can't stand S Smith. his game of weird shots won't regularly stand up under fire. Needs to stop playing like a ****

Noble One

I can't stand S Smith. his game of weird shots won't regularly stand up under fire. Needs to stop playing like a ****
Smith is yet to determine what style of batsman he is in this format. He doesn't have the strength to crack many boundaries, nor does he have the technique to stay still and pierce the gaps consistently for ones and twos. Bats in his current style in an attempt to open gaps, however I'm not sure if playing in any other fashion will be more successful for him.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Went to the Twenty20 last night at the Gabba. First time I've seen a match and it wasn't bad viewing, certainly the best way to introduce my wife to cricket. If only the ground announcer shut the **** up occasionally it would've been better. Gems like "come on Brisbane lets help get _____________ home here", when said batsman was facing a review got a bit annoying. Although maybe I have completely misunderstood the review system and it's totally based on how loud the crowd cheers...

Highlights included the crowd wildly cheering Liz Hurley when she appeared on screen, and then booing Warney when they showed him straight after.

Last edited:

Noble One

The Hurricanes have such a varied bowing attack and compliment each other nicely. Nice to see a bowling attack with five frontline bowlers.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fantastic ABC radio commentary describing Rana Naved as "The People's Mullet".

Love it.