• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Big Bash League

howardj

International Coach
WHen you get skittled for 47, the promotion/obsession CA has with this series, is just so much cart before the horse that it's plain sad.

vicky

School Boy/Girl Captain
Much as this thread is a piss-take thought I'd throw in a serious couple of cents.

While for most of us hard-core fans the idea seems laughable and a waste of time and resources I can say that here in the office it's got people who wouldn't know the lbw law talking about domestic cricket.

Last year a group of about 4 of us went to watch the NSW v Tas t20, this year one of the girls in the office is organising for a group of about 15 to go watch the 6ers v Thunder. In fact some people have already hitched there support to one of the teams based upon where they live and the intra-offic banter has already started.

Now I have no great love for the BBL concept or for t20 in general but if it gets people talking about the sport and pumps some money into the domestic game I can see no reason for people to want it to fail; just so long as it doesn't interfere with my test match watching schedule.

Hell I'll no doubt watch my fair share of matches in the evening after getting back from work.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
check out these ridiculous quotes:

"I am delighted to be part of the Scorchers' inaugural season," said Johnson in a media release as he is currently in South Africa with the Australian Test squad.

"I still want to be part of the Australian T20 side and hope some strong personal performances will result in selection for next year's World Cup in Sri Lanka."

"It is no secret that Mitchell Johnson is one of the world's leading pacemen," said Arthur.

"His impact as a strike bowler is outstanding and I am thrilled to have him on board with the Perth Scorchers."

"In all likelihood we will see very little of Mitchell due to international commitments and I really hope that is the case, but while he is around the Scorchers he will be a brilliant acquisition both on and off the field.
tut tut tut CA and Arthur. this is just silly now. 'In all likelihood we will see very little of Mitchell due to international commitments'....amazing

also sixers sign d. bravo, meaning we have 4 all-rounders and no good top 3 batsmen

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Meyrick Buchanan signs with the Renegades (younger brother of Liam and Amon) as part of the deal to keep him playing cricket. Was likely to be a 2nd/3rd round draft pick.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I thought Johnson wasn't playing in the big bash to focus on Test cricket? He even said he would play grade cricket while the tournament was happening. WTF?

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I thought Johnson wasn't playing in the big bash to focus on Test cricket? He even said he would play grade cricket while the tournament was happening. WTF?
Johnson may have been given a hint on what his Test prospects are like this summer.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i'll do both because i love the bigbash so much. you didn't see fantasy comps for the old bigbash