Page 11 of 238 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** Big Bash League

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    FOX SPORTS Fantasy Big Bash

join up fags or else i'll call you mean names.
    Will later, ****.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

I'm heading out to the Sixers game tommorow. I'm actually pretty excited for this upcoming Big Bash, could turn out to be more than decent.

Is Starc likely to play tommorow?

International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    Why did Cricket Australia schedule a T20 tournament in the middle of an test series?

So they could cash in on the school holidays.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    because the bcci are ****s and instead of playing in December like normal teams they demand to play in January. #sadbutture
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    because the bcci are ****s and instead of playing in December like normal teams they demand to play in January. #sadbutture
    Is the Sydney Test normally the last of the summer?

Not really. England played the fourth and fifth tests in December end and Jan first week in 2010. Pakistan in 2009 played three tests with the first one starting on Boxing day. This is pretty much the normal schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by ganeshran View Post
    Not really. England played the fourth and fifth tests in December end and Jan first week in 2010. Pakistan in 2009 played three tests with the first one starting on Boxing day. This is pretty much the normal schedule.
    Nah, if Australia played India in December then there'd be a Sheffield Shield round in the lead up to the first test.

Over the last 10-15 years, it's pretty much always the last test of the summer. See: Aggregate/overall records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

Admittedly in the last couple of 6 test summers there's been another test afterwards, but the last time we had a test this late in the summer was...well when India was here last. Tests on Aus day used to be the norm but that went on the window during the 90's. For whatever reason though when we seem to have brought them back for India.

So to a degree I feel for CA a tiny bit. It's a very, very long summer, ODers are still gonna be played in March so the bigbash was always gonna be scheduled at an awkward time if they went on with the reform....so i guess you could say "why do the reform this year?"

Over the last 10-15 years, it's pretty much always the last test of the summer. See: Aggregate/overall records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

Admittedly in the last couple of 6 test summers there's been another test afterwards, but the last time we had a test this late in the summer was...well when India was here last. Tests on Aus day used to be the norm but that went on the window during the 90's. For whatever reason though when we seem to have brought them back for India.

So to a degree I feel for CA a tiny bit. It's a very, very long summer, ODers are still gonna be played in March so the bigbash was always gonna be scheduled at an awkward time if they went on with the reform....so i guess you could say "why do the reform this year?"
    It doesnt make it BCCI's fault like you originally posted, since if the Big Bash was scheduled at the same time in the last two years, it would still have clashed almost entirely with the test season.

IMO, if CA didnt want it to clash with the tests they should have looked at pushing the India tour. But they might not have wanted to do it since it would go against a long standing tradition of starting a match on Boxing day

no i'm pretty sure it's the bcci's fault.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    The thing with the Big Bash is that it could be really good if done properly But IIRC Australia's summers are absolutely packed internationally - I don't think the Big Bash can really work in its current format unfortunately.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    8 hours!

plz stay away THUNDER clouds
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

the weather gods obviously have no problem with T20. Just like every FC and List A match hosted in Sydney over the past 2 years it looks like rain's gonna be a factor

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    WET T-SHIRT CONTEST

z

EDIT: no fatties
    Last edited by Nate; 15-12-2011 at 05:41 PM.

Page 11 of 238 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread Information