• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Big Bash League

adub

International Captain
Meh, it's The Bash...they'll play through a monsoon
Unfortunately not. Not long home from my second straight year of rain reduced Big Bash. Oh well the kids enjoyed it for an hour or so. ****ing rain on the drive home was torrential, could barely see the road.

Nev and the Rohrer Test were good, but play of the day for mine was the Coytey beamer, yorker 1-2, a classic from the old skool.

The did the Sixers bring their own ump for the SCG end? Had a Barry and a half.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes I like the chances of CA going over to CNZ and saying "hey pick a best XI team and you can enter the BigBash".

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yes I like the chances of CA going over to CNZ and saying "hey pick a best XI team and you can enter the BigBash".
It'd have to be a proper restructure and merger and we'd probably have to flick a couple of teams (probably looking at flicking the extra Sydney/Melbourne teams for a North Island and a South Island team; although I really doubt NZ would agree with a 6:2 split). You can't just add a NZ team when they have a perfectly viable competition running at the same time already; you'd have to combine them and compromise a lot and unless it happened right at the start it was never going to happen.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It'd have to be a proper restructure and merger and we'd probably have to flick a couple of teams (probably looking at flicking the extra Sydney/Melbourne teams for a North Island and a South Island team; although I really doubt NZ would agree with a 6:2 split). You can't just add a NZ team when they have a perfectly viable competition running at the same time already; you'd have to combine them and compromise a lot and unless it happened right at the start it was never going to happen.
Would lack the numbers of good players for two decent teams tbh