• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Has 00's produced fewer quality cricketers then 90's ?

smash84

The Tiger King
I have no stats to back it up just the general impression I am getting.lets compare the two World XI's of players who made their debuts in 90's and those who started in 00's

00's XI

Sehwag
Smith(c)
Sangakarra (WK)
Clarke
KP
AB de
Hussey
Swann
Zaheer
Anderson
Steyn

90's XI
Hayden
Anwar
Lara
Dravid
Ponting(c)
Kallis
Gilchrist(wk)
Mcgrath
Donald
Warne
Murali

With all due respect to 00's side imo 90's side is going to smoke the 00's side 4-1 in a 5 match series.
btw Saeed Anwar also made his (ODI) debut in 1989 :p

smash84

The Tiger King
As an aside - personally, I don't think you're every likely to get as strong a middle order from one of these teams as the likes of Ponting, Lara and Kallis (and Tendulkar). We were just pretty fortunate to get these guys playing against each other. A bit like we'll probably never get a time for fast bowling allrounders like when Imran, Kapil, Hadlee and Botham were all around.
or warne, murali, kumble, saqlain, mushtaq ahmed all playing in the 90s.
:(

Bonnie Prince C

U19 12th Man
Really think something like this is only something that could be look at once both eras have finished playing. Most of the 90s players will have finished their players, or be close to the end. Whereas the 00's players have been around for a few years or could still achieve a lot more.