• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fast bowlers' favorite fast bowlers

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
:laugh:
Yes the oh so consistent Morkel who didn't average under 30 in a single year till 2010. That was the problem with him till recently, his lack of consistency.
Anderson took a few years to become the bowler he has been the past few years because he had in action remodeled on several different occasions by people who ridiculously thought it would save him from injuries, which in turn set him back years but tbh I don't know why I'm bothering because even if Jimmy ripped it up for the next 5 years you'd still be coming out with the same rubbish.
Pretty typical tbf.

Pick stats when it suits, and ignore the rest.

Do you not think that given Anderson averaged well over 30 for the majority of his career is relevant?

Ofcourse not!!

FBU

International Debutant
:laugh:
Yes the oh so consistent Morkel who didn't average under 30 in a single year till 2010. That was the problem with him till recently, his lack of consistency.
Anderson took a few years to become the bowler he has been the past few years because he had in action remodeled on several different occasions by people who ridiculously thought it would save him from injuries, which in turn set him back years but tbh I don't know why I'm bothering because even if Jimmy ripped it up for the next 5 years you'd still be coming out with the same rubbish.
I agree. :)

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
I don't think Anderson has ever really "ripped it" at any point of his career because he IS a second tier bowler, so I would be more worried about the next 5 months, let alone 5 years.:)

But...if he can do something worthwhile in the next 5 months I will be happy to eat humble pie, the question is will the deluded do likewise?

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Realist, I think you are being unfair. I will agree that Anderson isn't as good as Steyn (or Asif), but he is probably as good as Zak and much better than Gul. Can't really include Amir because he just started (and finished). Also I can see Furball's point that Anderson has more in his armour than Steyn. And Anderson not performing in poor bowling conditions is rubbish. He is a much improved bowler and will finish as one of the best in recent times.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Pretty typical tbf.

Pick stats when it suits, and ignore the rest.

Do you not think that given Anderson averaged well over 30 for the majority of his career is relevant?

Ofcourse not!!
He's got a point here. Like most I feel Anderson is behind Steyn but still pretty good. Probably the second best bowler in the world with Morkel third.

It's funny because most journalists in England genuinely think Anderson is better than Steyn.

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
Realist, I think you are being unfair. I will agree that Anderson isn't as good as Steyn (or Asif), but he is probably as good as Zak and much better than Gul. Can't really include Amir because he just started (and finished). Also I can see Furball's point that Anderson has more in his armour than Steyn. And Anderson not performing in poor bowling conditions is rubbish. He is a much improved bowler and will finish as one of the best in recent times.
Meh, same old disingenuous tripe.

Much improved, sure, i agree, from a pretty dire base level which you neglect to mention, so from crap he is a tad above average, whopeeeeeee.

And "best in recent times" would have meant something 10 years ago, at best he will be a distant second to steyn in an era of weaker bowlers, once again something that's not mentioned enough.

And yes I can include amir because amir as a teen picked up skills, and perfected them better and quicker than Anderson, what took jimmeh 5 years took amir 5 months.

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
But let me add one thing, if he does something worthwhile in the next few series away from home i will be very happy to give Anderson generous and consumerate plaudits, because that will go someway to dispelling my criticisms of him.

Spark

Global Moderator
Wasim and Mcgrath were quite different type of bowlers.

Steyn and Anderson are a lot similar than them. Also not sure what Anderson has in his locker that Steyn doesn't(let alone far more)?
A genuine inswinger on demand.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Knew there was a reason I'd stayed out of this thread.

Reckon one of our number has a notably inappropriate user name.

Flem274*

123/5
Seamers since 01/01/09.

I don't think anyone this side of Sir Richard would rate Anderson above Steyn, but "mediocre"? Nah, not in this life.
Wow, lots of ***y recent records in there. Good for world bowling stocks.

Sreesanth, Chris Martin and Peter Siddle to **** off. That little thing exposes the three for what they've been like in the past few years horribly.

Jacknife

International Captain
He's got a point here. Like most I feel Anderson is behind Steyn but still pretty good. Probably the second best bowler in the world with Morkel third.

It's funny because most journalists in England genuinely think Anderson is better than Steyn.
Really, can you give examples of MOST of these English journalists because I haven't heard too many, if any ever say that.
The funny thing is even the most one eyed England fans wouldn't put Anderson above Steyn but some of the clap trap that's been typed in this thread is cringe-worthy.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

I think Zaheer has been at or about Anderson's level for longer, but his regular unavailability puts Anderson ahead by a fair margin of late.