• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Davisons day out

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Brilliant stuff from Canadian international John Davison today against Tassie!:) Opened the batting, made 59 off 63. Then came out and bowled 8 overs, 5/26!

What a match!

Mr. P

Also well done to Dighton for a brilliant century. held tassie together until the end.:)

Cloete

International Captain
he played absolutely brilliant especially in his bowling. well done to the Canadian/Australian!

Mr. P

The irony being that he didnt turn the ball once, the batsmen played for spin!:saint:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
he just beat them all with drift and flight.
His 59 was the most ordinary half century ive ever seen, he must have middled about half a dozen shots at most!

Mr. P

broncoman said:
he just beat them all with drift and flight.
His 59 was the most ordinary half century ive ever seen, he must have middled about half a dozen shots at most!
Meh a half century is still a half century, nomatter how bad it is.:P

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Not if you've been dropped on on 3, 4, 6, 9, 11, 14, 18, 22, 27, 28, 31, 34, 37, 45, 46, 47 and 49...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Neil Pickup said:
Not if you've been dropped on on 3, 4, 6, 9, 11, 14, 18, 22, 27, 28, 31, 34, 37, 45, 46, 47 and 49...
LOL it wasnt quite that bad!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
broncoman said:
LOL it wasnt quite that bad!
Neil appears to be making a point about dropped catches. However, a situation like that is never likely to arise. 17 dropped catches in an innings...
However, it doesn't matter if he only middled about 12 of his deliveries if he didn't give any chances - if, however, he was dropped off a sitter on 0 and another on 30 it's not much of an innings! Even if every other shot came off the middle.
Just like Tendulkar against Pakistan in WC2003 - almost every shot came off the middle, so the innings was described as "almost faultless", yet one shot went almost straight to Razzaq at mid-off. How does the rest of the innings cover-up the fact that he should have been out on 36 (from memory)?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard said:
Neil appears to be making a point about dropped catches. However, a situation like that is never likely to arise. 17 dropped catches in an innings...
However, it doesn't matter if he only middled about 12 of his deliveries if he didn't give any chances - if, however, he was dropped off a sitter on 0 and another on 30 it's not much of an innings! Even if every other shot came off the middle.
Just like Tendulkar against Pakistan in WC2003 - almost every shot came off the middle, so the innings was described as "almost faultless", yet one shot went almost straight to Razzaq at mid-off. How does the rest of the innings cover-up the fact that he should have been out on 36 (from memory)?
Not at all. Neil is putting a little groundbait in the water in the hope of attracting some fish.

You see, the thing about fish is that they are predictable.

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
luckyeddie said:
Not at all. Neil is putting a little groundbait in the water in the hope of attracting some fish.

LOL, subtle but funny.

Come on! Taz!!!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
luckyeddie said:

So many responses from certain people are highly predictable.
However, I will attempt to examine the art of subtelty.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm not by any means saying it's true of everyone, nor that I regard in a derogatory manner predictable responses - but have you seriously never made a post and thought "I know what so-and-so's going to say about that"?
I've done it many, many a time.

Mr. P

Richard said:
What the hell are you on about?! Neil wasnt being serious.:rolleyes: You didnt think he was, did you?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard said:
So many responses from certain people are highly predictable.
However, I will attempt to examine the art of subtelty.
It's not an art you can learn at the drop of a catch.

A hat, I mean. The drop of a hat!