• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Davisons day out

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The World Cup, maybe, showed two important people what he could do - himself, and David Hookes (Hookes is still SA coach?).
Hence he is more assured of his place in the side, and he knows what he can do to international bowling so what could he do to state attacks? And his bowling average in WC2003 wasn't half bad either.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Richard said:
The World Cup, maybe, showed two important people what he could do - himself, and David Hookes (Hookes is still SA coach?).
Hence he is more assured of his place in the side, and he knows what he can do to international bowling so what could he do to state attacks? And his bowling average in WC2003 wasn't half bad either.
1) David Hookes now coaches Victoria & in my opinion he's a prize d**khead.

2)I consider most ING cup attacks (at full strength) stronger than the West Indian one Davison tore apart.

3) I do however see you're point , the confidence gained from those performances has turned him from a 'passenger' in the side & a player who rarely looked like conributing much at all , to a potential match winner with bat , ball or both.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Finally! Some Davison ING Cup 2003/2004 stats!

Batting average ING Cup this season

Bowling average ING Cup this season

178D :D :O

Other notables...

ING 2003/2004 Batting SR

Standing in 'fastest 50'

7th

Wickets

7 from 3 matches; leading wicket taker

Hoggy

U19 12th Man
Mr. Ponting said:
Finally! Some Davison ING Cup 2003/2004 stats!

Batting average ING Cup this season

Bowling average ING Cup this season

178D :D :O

Other notables...

ING 2003/2004 Batting SR

Standing in 'fastest 50'

7th

Wickets

7 from 3 matches; leading wicket taker
Yeah but come on.

Mr. P

Davo not in the greatest of form v NSW in the Pura Cup today.

He bowled 7 overs none for 27. Anyone see him?

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Indeed and the mighty NSW Blues (who can beat almost any Test side in the world today.......NOT) were beaten OUTRIGHT for the second time in two games by lowly SA with but TWO players of Test experience and even more lowly Tassie last week with nary a Test cap in sight. Excuse me whilst I chortle with delight at the spectacular fall of the 'mighty' Blues.

Mr. P

I presume you mean Mark Waugh as STEVE is in brilliant form, he averages 60+ this season Pura Cup.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yes, I meant Mark Waugh.
Believe it or not, I had taken notice of Stephen's form.
I assumed people would make the logical assumption, instead of trying to imply naivity where clearly none exists.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Mark Waugh's looking in great form to me , he's hitting the ball great & looking very comfortable , getting great starts but then he's just getting out (nothing new in that) , he's got some very good deliveries aswell , one Casson bowled him in the first Pura Cup match was near to unplayable.

He'll come good.:D

Mr. P

Richard said:
Yes, I meant Mark Waugh.
Believe it or not, I had taken notice of Stephen's form.
I assumed people would make the logical assumption, instead of trying to imply naivity where clearly none exists.
:O :rolleyes:

A tad of an over-reaction

iamdavid

International Debutant
Davo being talked about as a possibility for Australia A later this year.

Does anyone know if he's eligable after playing for Canada so recently??.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
John Davison is 33 years old. I don't see what would be the benefit of him touring with Australia 'A' for the first (?) time now.

iamdavid

International Debutant
The ydont tour , they just play about 6 games against the touring sides in Australia.

I dont know that he would be of to much benefit either (taking age into account) but you cant deny his form.

I'm not sure the selectors would like him all that much. He's certainly done the job this season but he rides his luck way too much. The selectors would want someone who looks like he can go through sustained periods of form as opposed to Davison, who in all likelihood could drop straight out of form and never be as good as he is now ever again.
Maybe if he was younger...

His main talent is supposed to be his bowling though isn't it? Off spinner-come-handy batsman. He has a pretty impressive limited overs record but from what I've seen of him he's a pie chucker. He'd get murdered on the first class scene.

iamdavid

International Debutant
furious_ged said:
I'm not sure the selectors would like him all that much. He's certainly done the job this season but he rides his luck way too much. The selectors would want someone who looks like he can go through sustained periods of form as opposed to Davison, who in all likelihood could drop straight out of form and never be as good as he is now ever again.
Maybe if he was younger...

His main talent is supposed to be his bowling though isn't it? Off spinner-come-handy batsman. He has a pretty impressive limited overs record but from what I've seen of him he's a pie chucker. He'd get murdered on the first class scene.
Batting is certainly very lucky

Feilding is very , very good

Bowling from what I've seen is quite good , he actually turns the ball a bit (rare for a finger spinner in Australia) , his control is decent & he actually gets some handy drift , he's as good a player allround as Nathan Hauritz , just 11 year older.