• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Better Batting Coaches Than Justin Langer

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Langer said he was excited about the new job he has been handed.

"When CA approached me about this appointment, I felt privileged to be considered. I have been passionate about Australian cricket for many years so I am excited about playing a 'hands on' role in the continued development of the Test team, particularly in the batting and leadership departments," he said.
India TV >> Langer Appointed Australia's Batting Coach

never 4get

Midwinter

State Captain
"Australia's assistant coach, Justin Langer, has described Ricky Ponting as "an incredibly important part" of the Test side, despite his recent lack of runs. Langer warned against widespread changes to the team after the humiliation of being dismissed for 47 in Cape Town on Thursday, although he conceded it was not clear whether the team had hit bottom yet".

47 all out - it's not rock bottom ? That means we have something worse in store ?

"Langer said. "Some might argue we've got nothing to lose and anything could be better. Well, maybe, but someone like Ricky Ponting has not only got 12,500 Test runs but his influence in the team is unbelievable. He's a really tough case. That's why he's working hard. At the moment, in my opinion it's really important Ricky Ponting is in this Australian cricket team."

Despite not making any runs ?

"The reality is, we've seen over the last 12 months or a little bit longer, that our cycle has changed; I don't know if we've reached the bottom of it yet. I haven't seen it in my career."

This is a coach of the Australian cricket team talking. There may be worse to come !!

"Langer said it was hard to understand what had caused Australia's collapse on the second day at Newlands, but he described "game awareness" as a key area the squad had to work on."

And a coaches role is what precisely ?

My thesis is that the Australia team is refusing to face reality.

I rest my case

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Langer and reality not on speaking terms, evidently.
Haha, yeah. His stance would make sense if this was a freak occurance but the same players keep failing. It's insanity to keep doing the same thing and expect different results.