• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sir Richard Hadlee Medal (NZ Cricket Awards)

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Did Chris Martin really just win it?

He looked as surprised as I was. :laugh:

Ross Taylor got ODI Player of the Year; McCullum Test Player of the Year.

_Ed_

It was introduced as the supreme award for cricket excellence over the 2010-11 season.

Howe_zat

Audio File
If Chris Martin is NZ's best player of the year, how was he not also the best Test player of the year, considering that he doesn't play ODIs?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If Chris Martin is NZ's best player of the year, how was he not also the best Test player of the year, considering that he doesn't play ODIs?
Three possibilities I guess.

i) The Player of the Year winner is excluded from the ODI Player of the Year and the Test Player of the Year awards.
ii) Domestic cricket counts,
iii) Whoever won PotY award somehow got negative points for shunting it up in ODIs. :ph34r:

irottev

U19 Cricketer
Yea, I dunno how this **** was decided. Seems to be share around the awards now.

****ing stupid.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Hold on, Southee didn't get the ODI player of the year nor the Hadlee Medal?

Weak.

2nd top wicket-taker at the World Cup, made the tournament XI (or XII, I forget), took a Twenty20 hat-trick, was reportedly (I wasn't around) the best bowler v Pakistan. And nothing?

Sentimentality with Martin, I guess. That's usually all awards are.

_Ed_

Southee did get T20 Player of the Year, but yeah, nothing else for him.