• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Meanwhile, In Test Cricket

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Or we could go back to daily match summaries

:whistling

And Jake, nice read btw.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd think you're the only one who thought the Zim vs. NZ game was a "thrilling encounter". It bored me rigid. A turgid pitch, plodding batting and some defensive bowling combined for a snooze-fest. The match only came alive on the last day thanks to Brendan Taylor.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'd think you're the only one who thought the Zim vs. NZ game was a "thrilling encounter". It bored me rigid. A turgid pitch, plodding batting and some defensive bowling combined for a snooze-fest. The match only came alive on the last day thanks to Brendan Taylor.
It's the thrilling finish people remember though; the Adelaide Test of 2006 was a snooze-fest with both sides piling on runs on an absolute road for the first 4 days but that's largely forgotten after Australia's heist/England's capitulation on day 5.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's the thrilling finish people remember though; the Adelaide Test of 2006 was a snooze-fest with both sides piling on runs on an absolute road for the first 4 days but that's largely forgotten after Australia's heist/England's capitulation on day 5.
If Zimbabwe had pulled off the win, then yeah. Can't see anyone other than Brendan Taylor trying to remember that Test by the turn of the year!

Athlai

Not Terrible
If Zimbabwe had pulled off the win, then yeah. Can't see anyone other than Brendan Taylor trying to remember that Test by the turn of the year!
The 4th day was alright too tbh. The Jarvis spell was probably one of the best bits of the match.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'd think you're the only one who thought the Zim vs. NZ game was a "thrilling encounter". It bored me rigid. A turgid pitch, plodding batting and some defensive bowling combined for a snooze-fest. The match only came alive on the last day thanks to Brendan Taylor.[/QUOTE

You're right. I should have said "thrilling finish" or the like. It was an okay game for the first three and half days, excellent for the rest.

smash84

The Tiger King
great piece Jake. Especially love this line

"The only issue I see with it is, if Pakistan are busy being this new, organised, coordinated, consistent, somewhat tedious and successful side - then who is going to be Pakistan?"

:thumbup: