• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Injured players we want to see back...

Salamuddin

International Debutant
I know there are plenty of guys out with niggling injuries...

But are there any players (who have had injuries for a long time) you fellas wanto see back ?

Some names
1) Ashish Nehra -- good to see him fit again
2) Simon Jones -- awful injury in the 1st Ashes test last year. I hope he's back to play test cricket soon.
3) Jermaine Lawson -- Still the best of the young windies quicks..imo

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
From an NZ POV, NZ would definately want Shane Bond & Chris Cairns back at full fitness.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
where do i start....

Lee, McGrath, Gillespie, macgill, noffke, brant, and Boof ofcourse :)

forgot watson

Last edited:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
Nooo, not Shaun Brant...
No, Scott Brant :P

Got a contract this year at Essex, after playing last year and getting injured half way through. I still can't see why he's so highly rated though, 6-35 is a good performance but as far as I can remember, it was his only one.

Rich2001

International Captain
age_master said:
where do i start....

Lee, McGrath, Gillespie, macgill, noffke, brant, and Boof ofcourse :)

forgot watson
Umm Iam sure the thread stated long term injuires! - Or can you guys just not cope without these players and will slide down the rankings as a result :P

Funny us English guys always got told to shut up moaning about our never ending injury list... So mate I have little concern with your situation :lol:

Last edited:

masterblaster

International Captain
Yeah, it'll be good to see Nehra fit again. Hopefully he can clock 145 kph like he was before at full fitness.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Brant is quite good, looked very good every time i have seen him play, and hes very young, only 20, definate player for the future, you will see

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rich2001 said:
Funny us English guys always got told to shut up moaning about our never ending injury list... So mate I have little concern with your situation :lol:
*** applauds Rich ***

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
age_master said:
Brant is quite good, looked very good every time i have seen him play, and hes very young, only 20, definate player for the future, you will see
36 wickets @ 29.44 in the CC (so, remember, we have to add 15, like you've told us so many times before) doesn't suggest he is. It's swelled by that 6/45 on a bowler's wicket too.

Darren Maddy took the same amount more cheaply and with a better strike rate. Enough said.