• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Darren Bravo vs Brian Lara

Who is the better test match batsman?

• Total voters

miscer

U19 Cricketer
Bravo:
Runs: 751
100s: 1
Ave: 47 (home: 31; away: 73)

vs

Lara:
Runs: 11953
100s: 34
Ave: 53 (home: 59; away: 48)

Points in favor of Lara:
-More runs
-More 100s
-Better Average

Points in favor of Bravo:
-Better average away
-Higher average in the 2nd innings

so 3 to 2 in favor of Lara. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
One of the biggest lol comparisons ever in CW. Lara can be nowhere near the great legend Darren 'the run machine' Bravo.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Who would everyone rather have in their team for a match starting in say.. a month? You can put your player through whatever training you wish.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Who would everyone rather have in their team for a match starting in say.. a month? You can put your player through whatever training you wish.
Interesting. What is Lara up to these days, any club cricket? I heard he was playing in Zimbabwe but I can't remember what he was playing.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Interesting. What is Lara up to these days, any club cricket? I heard he was playing in Zimbabwe but I can't remember what he was playing.
He played a bit of T20 in Zimbabwe but nothing serious.

CPL/CWPL rates Darren slightly higher at the moment, in a "pick a bloke to play now" way, but there's not much in it.