• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Darren Bravo vs Brian Lara

Who is the better test match batsman?

• Total voters

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
12:4 poll results don't do justice to Bravo. I don't think Lara Dutta has ever played cricket.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
That is the best that the vote is 14-8 in favour of Bravo - surprised that Lara got any votes tbh

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
BoyBrumby, cricfan077, Himannv, honestbharani, mono, Nigel Benjamin, steds, Viscount Tom

what were you guys thinking.......???:blink:
:laugh:

smash84

The Tiger King
this is such an awesome thread.......

This is not an appropriate comparison. Darren Bravo has been humiliated with such a lowly comparison.

Darren Bravo vs Don Bradman. Who is the better batsman??? And guys, be serious :ph34r:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
this is such an awesome thread.......

This is not an appropriate comparison. Darren Bravo has been humiliated with such a lowly comparison.

Darren Bravo vs Don Bradman. Who is the better batsman??? And guys, be serious :ph34r:
Bravo is certainly the better batsman; Bradman's dead.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
He played a bit of T20 in Zimbabwe but nothing serious.

CPL/CWPL rates Darren slightly higher at the moment, in a "pick a bloke to play now" way, but there's not much in it.
I'd love to say the great man. Not embarrassed by his few outings in Zim, but there was talk of a spell with Surrey in our domestic comp last year and nothing came of it, so I dunno how he shaped up against some less friendly net bowling.

miscer

U19 Cricketer
disappointing 12 from bravo. expecting an unbeaten double to save the game in the 3rd innings i think.

it's almost unfair for india. i mean, facing bravo with this attack. really to stand a chance india need kapil dev and zaheer at their peaks with the new ball and kumble and harbajan to bring up the spin to even the odds.

miscer

U19 Cricketer
hahah how awesome is this? lara and bravo have the same amt of runs and average after the first 12 tests.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
hahah how awesome is this? lara and bravo have the same amt of runs and average after the first 12 tests.
Haha, yeah, amazing.

Bravo's 136 against India at Eden Gardens gave him the same run aggregate and average as Lara had after 12 Tests (941 runs at 47.05). He nearly equalled Lara's score of 167 in his 13th Test, but fell for 166 in Mumbai. Lara, who is the fifth-highest scorer in Tests, said Bravo would be "one of the great players."
From cricinfo.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bravo is certainly a talented young player. As for comparing him to Lara, we best wait till he has had about 50 tests before jumping in. Jimmy Adams was averaging more than Lara at one stage early in his career don't forget.

miscer

U19 Cricketer
Bravo is certainly a talented young player. As for comparing him to Lara, we best wait till he has had about 50 tests before jumping in. Jimmy Adams was averaging more than Lara at one stage early in his career don't forget.
haha i was just joking when i made this thread because everyone compares him to lara and he had scored 195 against bang. the various run and average coincidences just made things funnier. if he does end up averaging even 45+ after 50 tests then good for WI they will have another world class batsman. ofcourse i'd love for him to be the next lara! who wouldn't?