• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Swann on Pakistan

Redbacks

International Captain
Seems a fair response to me. Professional sportmen take pride in performance and being accused of match fixing is a massive insult to a players integrity.

Jacknife

International Captain
Sounds like he held back a fair bit to me because personally if it had been me that had gone through that series, with those three rim jobs and the accusations from Ijaz Butt, it would make my blood boil, it still does now and I'm just a fan.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
"The funny thing is — excuse the expression because none of it was the slightest bit amusing — that when Amir bowled that massive no-ball to Jonathan Trott, Paul Collingwood watched the replay and said: 'Flippin' hell, that looks like match-fixing. It looks like he might be taking cash to bowl a no-ball'.

"When the story broke a couple of days later, Colly claimed to be the all-seeing eye, insisting: 'I know I was only joking but I got it right'."
:laugh: Goodness me.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Sounds like he held back a fair bit to me because personally if it had been me that had gone through that series, with those three rim jobs and the accusations from Ijaz Butt, it would make my blood boil, it still does now and I'm just a fan.
People like Ijaz Butt do not realise that they do as much harm to Pakistan's reputation as the greed of the cricketers.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The ECB should have suspended all cricketing ties with the PCB the second Ijaz Butt opened his mouth.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
It was such a surreal experience watching the live footage of the Pakistani players right from their hotel to the ground on the day after the news broke, and the frosty (and in some cases, disgusted) reception their players got from the English side as they walked onto the field.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Don't think Swann's behaviour towards Butt or the words he has used here are anything to be proud off, and would have probably gotten more negative reactions if Butt was not such a **** sportsman.

But agree about how bad he must have felt after Ijaz Butt's accusations. It was just so incredibly stupid of that guy, even by his standards.

Jacknife

International Captain
Don't think Swann's behaviour towards Butt or the words he has used here are anything to be proud off, and would have probably gotten more negative reactions if Butt was not such a **** sportsman.

But agree about how bad he must have felt after Ijaz Butt's accusations. It was just so incredibly stupid of that guy, even by his standards.
I'm not sure what you mean with his, just because Swann thought he was 'Aloof and arrogant', so what, what's pride got to do with it.

At the end of the day he's been proved right about him, the guys a arrogant douchebag, who thought he could pull the wool over everyone's eyes and take the game of cricket for a ride.

'Swann's behavoir'? what just because he had a few choice words with Butt because he didn't walk after getting bowled, so what, it's not the first time a player gets sledged for standing there after getting cleaned up.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol, Swann should reveal the rest of the players whom him and the England team dislike, would make for some juicy reading. Pity he didn't say this about Butt before the incident, would've been fun to watch the two go head to head on the field :p

Jacknife

International Captain
Lol, Swann should reveal the rest of the players whom him and the England team dislike, would make for some juicy reading. Pity he didn't say this about Butt before the incident, would've been fun to watch the two go head to head on the field :p
It sounds like he did say it, to Butt's face.;)

Furball

Evil Scotsman

When a guy refuses to walk after being bowled, you're perfectly entitled to call him a ****.

Spark

Global Moderator
Haha I remember that. Was wondering wtf was going on when Butt stood there.

Mind you, after what happened with Prior in January he might have had a point :ph34r:

intcricket

U19 12th Man
Got to say Pakistan's Cricket Board deserves every bit of stick it is getting. Good on Swann to keep it a bit diplomatic.

Last edited: