• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I am a thread for Polite Discussion about Umpiring Errors as of post #57

hang on

State Vice-Captain
Got the one in Perth last time which he cut in half but was given?
who? hayden? tendulkar? lara?

anyways, back to the original question. would have both lara and tendulkar in any anti mcwarne lineup. those two would be my first picks. well, lara would be my first one overall though tendulkar would be my first one in purely australian conditions. also, if it were warne alone, then i would pick tendulkar first. if mcgrath alone, then lara.

the spectacle of both those geniuses upping their game to take on two other geniuses who also upped their game was truly something else.

then come the others including vaughan, whose batting in 02 i drooled over, and kp who did play very well against them.

Last edited:

shankar

International Debutant
Cant get a bigger umpiring error in that test than Gilly out lbw when it pitched outside leg (by a mile) AND he hit it.
He didn't hit it. It did pitch well outside leg-stump though. Trust me, the Gillespie one was still worse. He even had an embarrassed look on his face to continue batting. Laxman was also wrongly given out in the first inning caught behind when the ball hit his arm. The umpiring was just ordinary in general benefiting both sides.

Last edited:

shankar

International Debutant
The bat face isn't even pointing towards the leg side until the bat is well past the legs! One of us is hallucinating for sure.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Cant get a bigger umpiring error in that test than Gilly out lbw when it pitched outside leg (by a mile) AND he hit it. Dravid was also plumb out during his 180 early in his innings, inexcusably turned down.
If only the ICC could think of a system to eliminate such shockers...

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's all irrelevant anyway as it pitched six inches outside leg. Astonishing test umpires get that wrong from a spinner (it happens everywhere mind).

dhillon28

U19 Debutant
India won in 98 and 01 with horrendous umpiring. Don't act all high and mighty over a few bad calls in our country when there were ever worse ones in your own country over many series.
come on please, as least have a little bit of shame before making a statement like that. The great majority of the world cricket community have acknowledged that the ozzies have been overwhelming beneficiaries when it comes to suspect umpiring decisions. Only problem is because your used to such a high standard of partisan umpiring (that has been going on since the 70s), 1 or 2 calls that may go against you from time to time are considered equivalent to a 'tragic injustice'. It's kind of like a fat kid, who's used to a three course meal everyday of his life and when he suddenly receives just a regular meal, he feels the world is against him.