• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I am a thread for Polite Discussion about Umpiring Errors as of post #57

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not sure if you've played cricket before but the ball can travel fairly fast after bouncing even on a slow pitch, especially if its been dug out.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I'm not sure if you've played cricket before but the ball can travel fairly fast after bouncing even on a slow pitch, especially if its been dug out.
Sure.. when the batsman is packing a punch, not when he is flicking it after taking it on the half volley...

But then again, I have only played cricket, not the game you are talking about.. so.........

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
For 2005 series, the cricinfo commentary will surely give a clue on how many bad decisions Tendulkar got?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
If ever there was proof it's a batsman's game, this thread is it. Pages of moaning about all the times the poor ickle batter has been hard done by, but hardly a word about the stone dead LBWs turned down or the massive nicks not seen/heard.

Sachin was out about three times before Bres finally got the decision at The Oval in the 4th test.

centurymaker

International Captain
the rules say that the benefit of the doubt goes to the batsman, so it's obviously a batsman's game. (if a umpire doesn't feel confident about a particular decision, he's not going to give up)