• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The best at their peak?

hang on

State Vice-Captain
Those batsmen and bowlers you thought were simply unstoppable when at their very best.

Lara
Richards
Sehwag
Tendulkar
Ponting
Hayden

in that order would make my list of such batsmen in tests.

And the following bowlers:

Waqar
Marshall
Ambrose
Akhtar
Lillee
Murali

ganeshran

International Debutant
Waqar's peak was from 1990 till 1995 till he got a back injury. Was unplayable during that English tour.

Donald's was from 96-2000. Pollock also had a great bowling period 99-2001

Their yearly averages across their careers.

The Y Axis is the bowling average and the X axis is the year.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That graph is very misleading :laugh:

My eyes immediately went to the actual peaks on the graph and I literally stared for a full five seconds before I realised what was wrong

Last edited:

centurymaker

International Captain
Those batsmen and bowlers you thought were simply unstoppable when at their very best.

Lara
Richards
Sehwag
Tendulkar
Ponting
Hayden

in that order would make my list of such batsmen in tests.

And the following bowlers:

Waqar
Marshall
Ambrose
Akhtar
Lillee
Murali

if you are only looking at them being at their best in an innings, you'd have to go with lara and sehwag, otherwise there's little in it..
edit- on their day those two are (were) unstoppable.

Last edited:

ganeshran

International Debutant
From peak I thought you guys meant a part of their career where they hit a purple patch like Yousuf in 2006 or Ponting that time around, not a series.