• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best fielding team?

hang on

State Vice-Captain
Best ever fielding team?

Which is the best overall fielding team that you have ever seen? For the nappy wearers around here, the one that you have read about?

Also, to make it a little more 'interesting', which team do you fee has had the greatest complement of outstanding fielders, without necessarily being the best overall fielding team due to a fair share of camels and donkeys?

In both questions, I mean team playing together, not country, in case there was any doubt.

Happy chuntering.

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
I was just about to post that. Pakistan without question are the best fielding team...for the opposition of course.

By the way Turb, I'm working hard on banning you permanently. Should be able to figure out a way soon.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I was just about to post that. Pakistan without question are the best fielding team...for the opposition of course.

By the way Turb, I'm working hard on banning you permanently. Should be able to figure out a way soon.
Better figure it out before 8:05 pm EST :p

But I'll tell you what, after tonight, you'll be too happy to look for ways on banning me. After all, your team's about to win the World Series!

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
The West Indies were a great fielding side in the 1980s (although the fast bowlers might get found out in the field these days).

The best fielding sides at the moment are New Zealand and South Africa. Australia and Sri Lanka are the best of the rest

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Also, to make it a little more 'interesting', which team do you fee has had the greatest complement of outstanding fielders

NZ's current side (Guptill, Williamson, N McCullum and his bro if not keeping, Taylor, Ryder, Oram etc - all outstanding as is Jamie How)

hang on

State Vice-Captain
The West Indies were a great fielding side in the 1980s (although the fast bowlers might get found out in the field these days).

The best fielding sides at the moment are New Zealand and South Africa. Australia and Sri Lanka are the best of the rest
yes, i was going to suggest the windies. lloyd, richards, richardson, logie, harper all together was one outstanding fielding unit.

Jacknife

International Captain
If we're talking test cricket, the best ever imo is probably the early 2000's Aussie side, nowadays the England side is probably the best around.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Collingwood :wub: was in the English team then they'd be the best currently. At the moment though I can't really decide. The numerous drop catches off Broad spring to mind, though that's not to say other teams haven't had mishaps in the field either. In general though England are probably at least in the top 2.

Oh and if Philander makes his test debut then that's going to go against South Africa as well :p

The obvious ones that shouldn't be in the top few are Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and WI.