• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Aussie full time selector announced in one hour.....

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
mark harvey

ewwwwww

Gilly would get the GM brownie points from the press/fans

Mother Marsh?

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
I guess this is a different announcement that the head of selectors??? Because surely it will be either Tom Moody for the full time, and Rod Marsh for the head of selectors. My tip.....

Spikey

if it's full time selector being picked it's the head of selectors. It goes:

Full time selector (today)
Captain (Done)
Coach (In the process of being picked)
Part time selector (In the process of being picked)
Part time selector (In the process of being picked)

Tom Moody is in SA currently so I guess it's not him. He's going for the coaching job anyway iirc. The coach is the last one picked too iirc

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Wally Edwards has been named the new chairman of CA, was that Jack Clarke's job?? Edwards, now there is one horrible test batsman, looked like a tailender when he opened for Australia.

Spikey

yeah jack clarke resigned. or maybe his time in the role was up. dunno know. the chairman doesn't actually do much does he

adub

International Captain
Bit left field, but Inverarity certainly is well respected. Would have preferred someone with a bit more International experience and less time out of the game myself, but we'll see if anything changes for the better.

Spikey

well it's not really left field. i mean it's not a former bangladeshi club cricketer traveller is it? i guess if you were expecting a rent-a-quote like dean jones and geoff lawson it might be but surely no-one from on here was hoping for that. people who leave comments on foxsports sure.

Spark

Global Moderator
If he brings an old-school merit-based approach to selection, then I'm fine. Don't really mind the lack of Test experience, lots of FC experience is more than good enough.

It's only "left-field" because he isn't a high profile figure, and that shouldn't have been relevant anyway.

Spikey

these ****s are gonna be so mad when greg mail gets a part time selector role.

but really, this desire - almost obsession - for test experience and plenty of it is just beyond me. surely it's just about on the bottom of the list for all things a selector needs. Communication and the ability to you know use common sense being the top. i mean i'm pretty confident i could do a better job as a selector than andrew symonds......