• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Aussie full time selector announced in one hour.....

howardj

International Coach
word on the street is that Arthur wil be announced as coach in the next few days

was narrowed down from a list of 80 to 6

4 of which were:

arthur
rixon
langer (i kid you not)
moody

not sure who the other two were

howardj

International Coach
is the cupboard that bare, is arthur that superior to rixon, that we need a foreigner to coach our team?

howardj

International Coach
Haha ffs, you take the best man for the job, regardless of nationality. You're making yourself sound xenophobic.

1. Rixon is the best man for the job.

2. Why go global when the global candidate is not outstanding?

Sport is slightly different to the corporate world - it's got emotion in it. The pubilc need to have an attachment to their team, they need to identify with it. If you have two candidates who are neck and neck, go with the local.

By all means, if Arthur was clearly the best candidate, but he is not in my learned view.

adub

International Captain
1. Rixon is the best man for the job.

2. Why go global when the global candidate is not outstanding?

Sport is slightly different to the corporate world - it's got emotion in it. The pubilc need to have an attachment to their team, they need to identify with it. If you have two candidates who are neck and neck, go with the local.

By all means, if Arthur was clearly the best candidate, but he is not in my learned view.
+1. Arthur's amazing ability has been well demonstrated by WA dominating the game. :dry:

Boof on the other hand has done a great job. Rixon should get it, with Boof as assistant I reckon.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I don't like Arthur, but being a foreigner has nothing do with it. What did Roebuck say? There's too much nationalism in cricket journalism? yeah well. If they judge Arthur to be the best so be it, but I'll be pointing out they've judged Langer to be in the top 4....

howardj

International Coach
There's nothing at all wrong about wanting a just as competent local to coach your national sporting team in preference to someone not from Australia who is no better. Good grief, people throw the old racism and xenophobia tags around far too readily. The accusation of racism and xenophobia are powerful tools, use them loosely and lose their power for when you really need them.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
And no-one mentioned racism.

I'm not convinced about Arthur especially after the job that he did with WA but even then, he never proved himself to be the best in his field when he had South Africa. I'm not enamoured with Rixon, either - for what was supposed to have been an exhaustive search, it seems weird that no-one from outside the rumoured few early on have emerged to be even a contender.

adub

International Captain
I'm not enamoured with Rixon, either - for what was supposed to have been an exhaustive search, it seems weird that no-one from outside the rumoured few early on have emerged to be even a contender.
Agree with that, it does seem strange no one left field has turned up, but maybe a surprise in order.

I do think Rixon is the right guy though. He's a disciple of Simpson and his hard arse methods with a strong focus on fitness, skills and discipline. That's pretty much exactly what we need right now I reckon.

Top_Cat

And no-one mentioned racism.

I'm not convinced about Arthur especially after the job that he did with WA but even then, he never proved himself to be the best in his field when he had South Africa. I'm not enamoured with Rixon, either - for what was supposed to have been an exhaustive search, it seems weird that no-one from outside the rumoured few early on have emerged to be even a contender.
Who'd want the job?

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
I was thinking the same thing TC, it doesn't matter how worldwide they searched if they only got local interest. I'd say it was a useless search if they only found Langer, Moody etc.....not quite the top job its cracked up to be eh??

Spikey

over in England county cricket

Or Wales. I think he might coach the Welsh county team