• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brett Lee is Actually the Fastest.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well it seems the Umpires in any respective games (certainly my 7-wides one) have not read the rules properly.
I can't really say much, though, because I'd never read that rule either!
You learn something every day.

Craig

World Traveller
Top_Cat said:
Plus you'll always hear of times when certain bowlers bowled faster. Thommo was said to have bowled FAR faster on many occasions and having seen footage of him bowling, I don't doubt it. In fact, there was a special TV programme done on Thommo years ago where they put a camera and reporter behind bullet-proof glass and measured the speed. Thommo shattered the glass and the speed measured in at 108mph!!!!! That's almost 180km/h!
I am the first to admit I am no maths wizard but it should be approx 172 km/h.