• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Michael Hussey Vs Kumar Sangakkara

Michael Hussey Or Kumar Sangakkara?

• Total voters

cricfan077

Cricket Spectator
i like to compare these two legends. Both these two players, play well in all three formats.
so who is better?:)

Athlai

Not Terrible
Sanga is comfortably better in Tests IMO.

Though I see you mention limited overs too and Huss is hard to top on that form of the game.

Howe_zat

Audio File
It's harder to compare the two in ODIs than is being made out. Remember that Sanga bats up the order and keeps wicket.

(And yes, as Test cricketers, Sangakkara is comfortably ahead)

Last edited:

intcricket

U19 12th Man
I think Hussey is a better player.

Reasons being-
(a) Consistency
(b) Ability to bat at in position in the order
(c) Performance

Although Sangakkara has had the pressure of captaincy and keeping on his shoulders, he plays in a line-up where his performances become distinctly differentiable on the basis of the lack of performance of his teammates on some occasions. For Hussey however, to shine in the august company of great stars is a big achievement in my books.

smash84

The Tiger King
Hussey definitely the better LO format player.

Had this been done about 3-4 years back then Mr Cricket it would have been. But I think Hussey has been going downhill over time. Sanga the better test match player

hang on

State Vice-Captain
Hussey definitely the better LO format player.

Had this been done about 3-4 years back then Mr Cricket it would have been. But I think Hussey has been going downhill over time. Sanga the better test match player
that downhill has had a steep upward slope in the near past though.

smash84

The Tiger King
somewhat true but he needs to maintain this upward slope for at least his downtime in order to compete with Sanga

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I really need to lighten up. It actually angers me that people have these ridiculous opinions. That can't be healthy.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Ya, I believe Don Bradman is woefully overrated too. A bit of a flat-track hack, tbh. Never played against quality bowlers and was so afraid of playing on a spicy deck that he demoted himself in the order.

PEWS, can you please shed some light on why such a FTB is rated so highly? :ph34r: