• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ajmal vs Swann

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
nobody is picking 20 wickets consistently vs England if Pakistan is unable to do it its not the end of the world. If I was Pakistan I will prepare 2 flat Faisalabad style roads and then prepare a square turner and I hope I get lucky with the toss. Thats the only way we can get anything out of this this series.
awta...that will also negate the English pace attack a fair bit. Swann is obviously going to become that much dangerous on a turner but at least Pak can try to counter spin a little better than swing and pace.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
funny how there is more discussion about Harbhajan v Swann then Swann v Ajmal....
That's because even though Ajmal is much better than Harbhajan right now, you can build a case for Harbhajan being better than Swann with intellectually dishonest manipulation of stats and long-term focus. You can't really build a case for Ajmal with much of anything at all.

I'll also add that if both Swann and Harbhajan retired right now, Harbhajan would rightly go down as the better bowler with a greater career. It's just that he's declined to a point of essential uselessness at this point in time.

Faisal1985

That's because even though Ajmal is much better than Harbhajan right now, you can build a case for Harbhajan being better than Swann with intellectually dishonest manipulation of stats and long-term focus. You can't really build a case for Ajmal with much of anything at all.

I'll also add that if both Swann and Harbhajan retired right now, Harbhajan would rightly go down as the better bowler with a greater career. It's just that he's declined to a point of essential uselessness at this point in time.
Yes true. But my only point was that the thread was regarding Ajmal and Swann....

smash84

The Tiger King

Oh right; I thought you meant that the Swann v Harbhajan thread was bigger than this one; not that this thread was off topic. Ignore me. :p
PEWS :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
there are only slow pitches in the UAE and no turners
Doubtful. Slow pitches are slow because there is more friction when the ball lands - so the ball loses more energy and slows up significantly. If there's more friction then the ball grips and spins. It's why people people bowl dibbly-dob off-cutters at medium pace on slow pitches, because even with the small amount of turn imparted the ball cuts in.

From a bowler's point of view the slower the pitch is the more time a batsman has to adjust, also slow pitches tend to have low bounce. These factors are what kill a spinner on a slow pitch, not the lack of turn.

jorel'sspawn

Cricket Spectator
Doubtful. Slow pitches are slow because there is more friction when the ball lands - so the ball loses more energy and slows up significantly. If there's more friction then the ball grips and spins. It's why people people bowl dibbly-dob off-cutters at medium pace on slow pitches, because even with the small amount of turn imparted the ball cuts in.

From a bowler's point of view the slower the pitch is the more time a batsman has to adjust, also slow pitches tend to have low bounce. These factors are what kill a spinner on a slow pitch, not the lack of turn.
friction isn't the only way a ball loses its speed. In this case, inelastic collision (between ball and pitch) is the primary reason.

Your mama

Cricket Spectator
Ajmal takes a huge dump on Swann. Only bowler other than saqlain who mace tendy look foolish. Never seen tendy look so clueless in that world cup innings earlier this year

Swann fails against good players of spin.

Faisal1985

Whatever the case may be about where Ajmal took his wickets, he took them fair and square and credit should be given where its due.

This is a great news for Pakistan fans who otherwise are mostly hearing negative and sorry news about their team....

Ajmal is also leading the wicket taking in Tests....

Over all good news and he deserves his place on top of the table...hope he continues like this and becomes the next big name in spin bowling from Pakistan.

Faisal1985

disagree. he's a blatant chucker
He bowls with in the designated limitations set by the ICC.

If he is a blatant chucker he would have been taken to cleaners by the ICC long ago and warned and banned by now....

As our mods like to say in this kind of a situation...if you don't have any Facts to back up your claim you shouldn't be posting false self made allegations against an innocent and great cricketer.