• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ajmal vs Swann

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Haven't seen any of this series, but not convinced about Ashwin being a thrower. Saw quite a bit of him in the IPL, and there's a small kink in his action, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was more an elbow rotation than an extention/flexion.

Flem274*

123/5
Yeah, we have a Test team with a pace attack good enough to leave Chris ****ing Tremlett out, and people want to add a spinner to it. Another spinner in for one of the quicks just isn't a realistic option for England at all.

I'd think about Patel (or Blackwell :ph34r:) in for Morgan (or to remove my bias, I'll even pretend Morgan is James Taylor) if the pitch was going to be really unresponsive to fast bowling, but while England's 7-11 are probably all good enough to go up a place I still don't think bringing in Panesar for a batsman would really improve the team in any conditions. The batting is a bigger chance of having an off day and getting rolled than *that* bowling attack is of collectively bowling pies for an innings IMO, even on a pitch that looks flat at the toss.
o rly?:p

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Ajmal throws the doosra every other ball. Batsmen will soon start to pick it up.
Been hearing that ever since Ajmal started bowling...get over it. Its hard to pick his doosra.

Ajmal is no where close to the level of Swann and thats a fact.

Another fact is that Ajmal's action is with in the legal bounds of ICC's rules so no need to call names as chucker and stuff....one of the greatest names in spin bowling was the reason why there is a law in place to bend the arm with in 15 degrees...

intcricket

U19 12th Man
Yes brother. Ajmal possess the true attributes of the #1 spinner in the World.

Swann was outbowled by-

1. An IPL find (Ashwiin)
2. A second change bowler (Raina)
3. A third change nothing bowler (Tiwary)
4. Ravi Jadeja

I think the new English spinner bowled better than Swann in the solitary game he got. The myth of Swann being "World Class" has been shattered on the pitches where he should've atleast proved something.

smash84

The Tiger King
oh so you are comparing them in ODIs?

I think most people are discussing how good test match bowlers they are

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Ajmal, by a fair distance.
Yes brother. Ajmal possess the true attributes of the #1 spinner in the World.

Swann was outbowled by-

1. An IPL find (Ashwiin)
2. A second change bowler (Raina)
3. A third change nothing bowler (Tiwary)
4. Ravi Jadeja

I think the new English spinner bowled better than Swann in the solitary game he got. The myth of Swann being "World Class" has been shattered on the pitches where he should've atleast proved something.
In Tests, I will prefer Ajmal over Swann.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Spinners "chucking" is the biggest non-issue in cricket IMO. It's one of those rules that should change with time. Spinners cannot cause serious injuries to batsmen when chucking because they don't use it for extra pace, therefore it should not matter if spinners chuck. I know that's a very unorthodox view and will not find many supporters, but I stick to that.
No offense mate, but **** me dead not this argument again...it spins more when you chuck it. End of story.

Injuring someone is not the only reason to chuck. And if you can't be effective bowling properly then you shouldn't be allowed to bowl illegally to increase your effectiveness.